Someone Please Help

I just purchases a new computer 1.33 ghz 512 megs of ram, and some toher stuff, while toying around in the bios there was a option that said something about it would shut down the system if tempertures were too high, or something my room is not even warm and i ahve my case open, but it shuts down everytime i start up before i get in the bios? can anywone hlep Also i have a 64 meg geforce 3 does that mean i can set the bios graphics aperure size to 64? or are they 2 different things?

In my motherboard manual it says 4 steps #1 UNplug tower

#2 find the clear cmos spot on mother board (it consists of 2 silver dots) #3 short curcuit it by using a wire to touch them both together then plug back in and it should work ive tryed and it wont, :( would there a be a jumper somewhere on my motherboard that would control the actaul temperture monitering stuff, so that way it wouldnt think it was 2 hot?

well dont u see u just changed ur cmos settings u need to reset it its either called cmos settings or its called bios settings if u cant find the jumper to it

do u see that little battery on ur botherboard thats round unplug eveyrthing off ur comp power supply and then take that battery out for 1 hour and then it would rest it

Alrite so let me just double check and make sure i understand this, i short circuited the thing like the manual said should i look for jumpers now or should i go ahead and remove the battery now?

and unplug everything from powersupply do you mean the wires that plug nto back of tower, or the power wires that goto the hard drive, cd rom drive etc...

nah nothing internally inside the case

just the power cable from out side and the mous and everything just have just the computer box itself opened and the battery out and leave it for an hour and see what happens

I dunno maybe i should just give up, Ive try clearing the CMOS the way the book said, by touching a wire ior tweezers to both points, didnt work, i tryed leaving the battery out it was out for lik5 hours then put back in, the guy at the company said the reason the bios setting made it do that was becasue the feature wis designed to shut down the cpu if it reaches high levels but the default level i had set was alot lower then the heat it pumpps out, he said ust clear the cmos i tryed, nothing will work :(

dude, i think you should just buy better cooling for you system. You'll probably cure the shut-down problem, and you'll need it anyway since you said that your system runs at high heat levels. When you buy, you'll just feel more "secure" about the health of your system =p Try soemthin like the Gladiator form the OCZ store with the stock fan.. that should do nicely =p