Vistyle

Concerning progress and betas

Progress is coming along nicely and things are mostly going well. I almost have those properties figured out and importing those properties from existing styles should also be possible and will be added. I know a lot of you want a beta to test, but it simply is not practical for me to release betas as much as you people would like. I can do screenshots and videos, but while I develop, tend to start with hardcoded paths and need to make files (like the skin files I imported in previous video) by hand as editor isn't done, and I haven't released the specs for that filetype. Releasing betas creates a lot more work for me, slows things down, and until this is closer to done and things are more final, having testers find bugs isn't as important. For example, the import feature may be re-done to support importing properties. Thank you for understanding, and I will be sure to keep people up to date with the current progress.

New Additons

Custom Editor support added

Replace Image now works

Options dialog mostly done and wired up

Working on Replace subimage

Pending

May completely rewrite the subimages code to support custom image sizes.

Additional info is also being posted at http://omnicoderdotnet.blogspot.com/ for anyone interested. Anything important will still be posted here though, so don't worry.

Edited by omnicoder

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was really looking forward to this, it was looking to become a great application. It's a shame you've stopped working on it as the only other alternative is a paid one. I wish you would carry on the work even if it's off neowin as I think there will be a lot of interest in your software.