Creating efficiency

Question

Hey everyone! Just needed your help for this problem.

Currently I have a form, which requires users to input their data into it:

16152793.th.png

and this information is emailed to me. I, then, use the data to create the following on different module pages:

55389332.th.png

(name next to the numbers - blanked out in images)

Basically, depending on the module(s) they choose (for example, Biological Molecules), I create a tag for them using their full name and email on the appropriate page (in this example, the Biological Molecules page, which has url of www.site.com/s1_1). Each module has a limit of 16 people. The tags are generated using <div> tags with a background image.

I was wondering however, if there was an automated way to do this, which would save me going through the emails. So is there any code which will grab the data from the forms, and generate the tags in the appropriate module page?

Thanking everyone for their help.

5 answers to this question

Yeah I was thinking about doing that. I suppose it would make it easier to take the info. out of the database both manually and using code.

Anyone with any ideas on how to take out the information though?

Also, would it make the problem easier to solve if every module had its own form, rather than a generic one for all the modules?

I'm open to suggestions really.

if your going the database route, i would stick with the one form method, you can just write different data to different records in the same db then.

Here is what I would do. One database wherein the submissions are added with a column for accepted/rejected/new and an admin interface which would display new submissions with an option to edit/reject.

Apologies for the thread revival.

Would just like to thank bmaher, Colin-uk and sweetsam for their help. I went with the database approach. Took a little time to configure everything and get it working, but it's running on its own smoothly now. I'd want to look into your approach in the future, sweetsam.