Would you still use a Mac if...

I've used every version of Windows since 3.11 and the transition was easy, and I can honestly say that OS X *is* the better OS. I don't say that because it's what I'm using and I'm some sort of fanatical freak. It's just that, after so long, XP is just the latest incarnation of Windows 95. I *know* the kernel is different, and the underpinnings of the OS are different, the different filesystem, driver and hardware support, all that crap, and when it comes down to it, XP is simply what Windows 95 should have been. Same start menu, same visual elements...nothing has changed except the addition of glop, wizards and hand-holding. I'm not slamming XP, but it's taken Microsoft a damn long time to finally put out an OS worthy of the hype they are given, and thats a lot of money that I feel I've thrown away in the vain hope that they'll finally improve something. Anyways...OS X is just fun, and continually amazes me at how easy and user-friendly it is without bothering me or wanting to help me through everything. It just does what it's supposed to do, and does it damn well, and stays the hell out of my way when I want it to.

I've used every version of Windows since 3.11 and the transition was easy, and I can honestly say that OS X *is* the better OS. I don't say that because it's what I'm using and I'm some sort of fanatical freak. It's just that, after so long, XP is just the latest incarnation of Windows 95. I *know* the kernel is different, and the underpinnings of the OS are different, the different filesystem, driver and hardware support, all that crap, and when it comes down to it, XP is simply what Windows 95 should have been. Same start menu, same visual elements...nothing has changed except the addition of glop, wizards and hand-holding. I'm not slamming XP, but it's taken Microsoft a damn long time to finally put out an OS worthy of the hype they are given, and thats a lot of money that I feel I've thrown away in the vain hope that they'll finally improve something. Anyways...OS X is just fun, and continually amazes me at how easy and user-friendly it is without bothering me or wanting to help me through everything. It just does what it's supposed to do, and does it damn well, and stays the hell out of my way when I want it to.

Come on, the Windows 3.11 -> 95 was a huge improvement. Ok they bugged us too long with the 9X versions but again the 98/ME to XP transition is just a giant leap again.

It's bull**** if you say that XP is what 95 should have been.... it's like saying that OSX is what MacOS 8 should have been.

OSX looks good and I've used it at an internship a year ago. It was nice, but even after a couple of months I found myself more productive on a windows machine then on an Apple. It's just doesn't fit me I guess.

I have been using Macs since OS 8

I dont really think OS 9 was THAT bad but it really does get on my nerves

OS X is much much much better and i love it !!!

but i can still use OS 9 if u point a gun at me.

XP is another thing altogether