2. 2. Who will be the best Team?

• Ducati Marlboro Team
    • Fiat Yamaha Team
    • Repsol Honda Team
    • San Carlo Honda Gresini
    • Monster Yamaha Tech 3
    • Other

motogp_logo_2.jpg

Well, this weekend starts the last official training or the GP0 and i thought we need a thread about MotoGP here in Neowin.

this year we have many news, on tire brand for everyone, less electronic help (traction control) and many good riders who, i hope, will give us a great spectacle and more races like last Laguna Seca.

The Calendar:

calendarc.jpg

The Riders (just the important ones):

rossi.jpg

well, what can I say about il dottore, just one of the best in the history, the one that makes the show, if it's not clear enough, I'm a fan!!!

stoner.jpg

Stoner has maybe the best Moto, he won the world championship in 2007 and last year had many injuries so couldn't give his best.

pedrosa.jpg

A class rider, don't makes many mistakes but is too weak physically, if he's at 100% he can do great things

lorenzog.jpg

he made a great debut las year with 3 poles in the first races but kissed too many times the ground. he got talent!

hayden.jpg

the "lucky" champion of 2006, he had a bad year but now in Ducatti can make great things.

mainly this is it, let's hope the championship bring us a great show and we could see fabulous races!

nice idea to create such a thread. and to answer your question, yes im a big fan, especially of the ducati team and jorge lorenzo (hes mr. chupa chups for me ^^)

rossi? nah.... never liked him and his attitude.

nice idea to create such a thread. and to answer your question, yes im a big fan, especially of the ducati team and jorge lorenzo (hes mr. chupa chups for me ^^)

rossi? nah.... never liked him and his attitude.

nice you liked it (you're the only one till now hehe)

well i agree that Lorenzo is a great rider, i would even say he'll be Rossi's successor, but sometime he just makes some stupid things, he needs to calm down and mature.

but anyway, today he was the fastes in the official trainings followed by Rossi and Stoner:

the times:

Pos. Num. Rider Lap time Km/h Gap

1 99 Jorge LORENZO 1'39.791 284.360

2 46 Valentino ROSSI 1'39.861 283.986 0.070

3 27 Casey STONER 1'39.906 287.769 0.115

4 7 Chris VERMEULEN 1'40.572 284.285 0.781

5 5 Colin EDWARDS 1'40.579 284.584 0.788

6 65 Loris CAPIROSSI 1'40.650 283.315 0.859

7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO 1'40.821 285.110 1.030

8 15 Alex DE ANGELIS 1'40.900 282.870 1.109

9 69 Nicky HAYDEN 1'40.987 287.310 1.196

10 24 Toni ELIAS 1'41.049 290.088 1.258

I am a Valentino Rossi fan, since his 125 days. But that's getting a little old. I will still cheer him on but now I think I will mainly be supporting Andrea Dovizioso.

I have been a Dovizioso fan for a few years, he was great in 250. I know Vali is on a Yamaha but I have been a Repsol Honda Fan for years since the Doohan era.

Now dovi is on a Repsol Honda that's sweet for me. So 4 and 46 for me

The Suzuki's are looking half decent this year, can't see past Stoner for Qatar.

Will be interesting if Rossi can challenge.

Anyone going to Donington this year? (last one)

Edited by FxVisor

I'm going to Laguna Seca and Indianapolis, making a trip out of both with the wife and daughter.

Its so much better live than on tv, i was amazed how loud the bikes were and how close they race together without touching on the first lap!

The 125s and 250s are really amazing machines too, don't think they go to Laguna maybe Indy.

So it getting started!!

so this weekend we have Qatar GP, the only race that takes place at night!!!

yesterday, the free practices showed us that Stoner still is the fastest one in the training, that The Doctor is there as always and That Pedrosa still needs time to completely recover.

Yesterday's results

clasu.jpg

Todays schedule:

125 FP2 : 15:05 - 15:45

MotoGP FP2: 16:05 - 16:50

250 FP2 : 17:05 - 17:50

125 QP : 19:05 - 19:45

MotoGP QP: 20:05 - 20:50

250 QP : 21:05 - 21:50

Tomorrow's Schedule:

125 WUP : 15:00 - 15:20

250 WUP : 15:30 - 15:50

MotoGP WUP: 16:00 - 16:20

125 RAC : 17:00

250 RAC : 18:15

MotoGP RAC :20:00

(all times are GMT)

Let's enjoy it!!!!!

Edited by Weld_El_7aj

• 3 weeks later...

yeah lorenzo on pole 4 tomorrows race in jerez! :D

It's looks like tomorrow we'll have a great race with four racers at their best; Lorenzo; Pedrosa Stoner & Rossi, hope the bring us a nice Show and If the doctor takes it, better :p

ok that was a waste of time. how BORING :sleep:

ok that was a waste of time. how BORING :sleep:

I totally agree with you, it's been a while since we haven't had a great race, the one that takes the lead wins it, the few things we saw where when Vale was catching, once he got first it's was over.

we need more of the Laguna Seca first laps, that's the real show!!!

• 1 month later...

AWESOME!!!!!!!

That's all i can say about the Rossi vs Lorenzo battle today, what a final 3 laps!!! they passed each other as the great champs they both are and in the final turn, Rossi passed from an impossible place and showed us he isn't finished yet!!!!

we need more of this spectacular show!!!

Edited by Weld_El_7aj

today's races show just how far car racing is behind. Send the video to Bernie and Max and show 'em how it's done, on the track and not the pits.

Here's the link to s video of the last two laps, the coments are in Italian but it's just fantastic to see how the fought for the win until the last meter.

now Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner have all 106 point in the general, this will be a great championship!!!

Coming from an F1 watcher who's never really got into bike racing, I watched this race on iPlayer just for kicks, and it was a really, REALLY great race. If we get a bit of that in F1, I'd be well happy :p

So... can Yamaha glue another couple of toy wheels on the side and enter in the F1 races next season? :p

it's been a while since a stopped watching F1 because it became kinda boring, now in Moto gp it's not always like yesterday, but you can see passing and have some emotion. and yesterday, Pedrosa was injured and Stoner, who has the fastest ride, barely ended the race!

so let enjoy it and have more battles like this!

• 2 weeks later...

the first practices came with surprise as Randy De Puniet, with a non official Honda, got the provisional pole position on Assen, here are the results:

motogpg.jpg

Remember that Netherlands GP is Saturday not Sunday, let's have some fun!

• 11 months later...

Thought I might bump this up to the top as I see it hasn't been used for about a year.

There must be some Moto GP fans here.

there are a few ones but not too active in this post

anyway, avter Vale's injury, even I lost interest in this year championship