Mounting Two Hard Drives In ONE Folder?

I have two hard drives (neither is my primary, OS HDD). Let's say that each hard drive has, in the root, a folder called "Media" with various large files.

Is it possible for me to mount each drive into a folder on the OS HDD so I can see the files from both HDD's at once?

I don't want to use JBOD/RAID-0 for the fear that one fails, corrupting the filesystems in both...

Is there an optimal solution for this?

EDIT: I want to display the contents of two DIFFERENT folders in one (I don't care if it's read-only from my end, as long as I can see the files of both directories in one!).

Edited by Breakthrough

windows 7 can help you out with this, other than that i dont think you can mount 2 hard drive into one folder, as windows will not know what hard drive to place the files into! what about getting a third one, put them into RAID5 and then mount that to a folder, im about to do that 2morrow when the comptuer shop opens up.

Is there any way to do this in XP? I am NOT changing my operating system (driver incompatibility with certain hardware on this PC)...

hjf288; that looks EXACTLY like what I want. Only thing is the OS... :(

Ah, see, this is the same problem as before. That's similar to mounting drives to other folders - I knew how to do that already.

I want to display the contents of two DIFFERENT folders in one (I don't care if it's read-only from my end, as long as I can see the files of both directories in one!).

Not too well-versed in this, but can't you just create Dynamic disks with one volume that spans across the 2 physical drives?

My issue was what if one of the drives gets corrupted? Isn't the MFT stored on a single drive?

If one of the drives failed in that scenario, there would be data loss on both HDD's... :(

My issue was what if one of the drives gets corrupted? Isn't the MFT stored on a single drive?

If one of the drives failed in that scenario, there would be data loss on both HDD's... :(

thats why we have BACKUP DISKS!

Ah, see, this is the same problem as before. That's similar to mounting drives to other folders - I knew how to do that already.

I want to display the contents of two DIFFERENT folders in one (I don't care if it's read-only from my end, as long as I can see the files of both directories in one!).

Guess you could write a script/bat file to create a symlink for every file/directory in both folders into the Folder you want to view both with

Guess you could write a script/bat file to create a symlink for every file/directory in both folders into the Folder you want to view both with

Wouldn't that be pretty slow/resource intensive on Explorer whenever I viewed the folder? I just want a way to view the files in two directories as if they exist in the same directory.

Wouldn't that be pretty slow/resource intensive on Explorer whenever I viewed the folder? I just want a way to view the files in two directories as if they exist in the same directory.

not going to happen. unless you move to vista or windows 7. XP is too old.