No Champions League Final Tickets for me :-(

Hi All,

I have signed in the official website to buy tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Match this season.

Today I got an email from them declining my request:

We are sorry to inform you that your ticket application for the 2009 UEFA Champions League final was not successful.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in European football and to invite you to log onto uefa.com to keep up to date with the latest news on the UEFA Champions League.

Best regards,

Ticketing

2009 UEFA Champions League Final

We kindly request you not to reply to this email.

It got me wondering, how do they pick? I am sure a huge number of black market sellers applied as well. So how do they make sure that people who deserve attending the match only get the tickets?

I am disappointed. I had high hopes and made some interesting plans :-(

VidER

Around 50% of the seats go to 'corporate' people, with the other 50% of the seats being split between the two clubs in the final.

It is a disabolical situation if you ask me, I know Liverpool fans who went to every single Champions League game at Anfield on the road to Athens, and even those who went to a few away's, and they still were not successful in getting a ticket for the final. Athens was a joke in itself though.

The probem is simply caused by money by the way, it is all UEFA care for.