Counterstrike CZ - Xbox Screens

When you look at the recent Halo 2 screenshots, then look at these, you can really see the difference in programming skill between dev teams.

hrm... they could've turned AA on at least ;)

You don't really need it, as the game isn't too complex, so there won't really be many aliasing issues, and a tv effectively adds a level of AA to games.

Judging from the looks of it, it'll support 720p. (1080x720 in pc terms, and yes, some games already support it, so don't say the xbox couldn't handle it)

If it does support 720p, there shouldn't be any aliasing at all.

can someone say new engine dammit, use HL2's engine like TF2 did argh, HL1 engine is horrible now

Yeah, it really does need it, but I think TF2 was going to be a modified half-life engine as well. The screens don't look nearly as good as I remembered, and I'm sure you thought they looked better too.

screenshot1-high.jpg

screenshot2-high.jpg

screenshot3-high.jpg

screenshot4-high.jpg

screenshot5-high.jpg

screenshot6-high.jpg

screenshot7-high.jpg

screenshot8-high.jpg

screenshot9-high.jpg

yea but even those gfx(which aren't to great now) are a lot better then CZ. and that tf2 engine was scrapped im told. They switched to the HL2 engine, and will be shipping with it in september :D, so yay. Been a long friggin time, and from the looks of the old screens it will be way worth it

yea but even those gfx(which aren't to great now) are a lot better then CZ. and that tf2 engine was scrapped im told. They switched the the HL2 engine, and will be shipping with it in spring :D, so yay. Been a long friggin time, and from the looks of the old screens it will be way worth it

You mean it actually is being released :o

When you look at the recent Halo 2 screenshots, then look at these, you can really see the difference in programming skill between dev teams.

well.... CSX is based on Half-Life One, which is a very old engine, so ofcourse you can see the difference.

we're talking about one game based on a engine made in (edit: pre)1998 and a game whos engine is less than 2 years old.

IMHO, this port is useless. yes, PORT, like 90% of xboxs "games" :rolleyes:

no xbox groupie responses needed.

hmm, I agree with the rest of you, the graphics are not upto par with the latest xbox games. They are not bad, but they just dont utilize all the power the xbox has to offer.

Graphics on a PC are far better. The only advantage consoles have are that they use the same hardware and it doesn't change, like in PCs. You program for that one graphic chipset.

PC games aren't always the best, because they have to make the games compatible with other cards. If they made a game that only works on an ATI Radeon or one that only works on a GeForce 4 TI 4600 then the graphics would kick the sh!t out of the xbox. But if they did that, then only people with those cards can play the game, but the graphics would be off the hook.

You also have the problem of having an OS in the background and other background programs making the game not play well on a PC.

They should come out with bootable games, and are made for certian cards. Just pop in the game, boot up and play with the best performance and raw power that a PC has.

Kind of like how Quake3 has a kernal for Linux to where Quake3 runs like a God compared to Windows or any other console. Just boot the PC with that kernal and all you get is PURE QUAKE nothing else.

hmm, I agree with the rest of you, the graphics are not upto par with the latest xbox games. They are not bad, but they just dont utilize all the power the xbox has to offer.

About 20%... :o :blink: :whistle:

nicedreams -- you make a very good point. i think that if every game had a bootable version of the linux kernel in them then games would be excellent.

sorry i dont have much else to say, other than its a very good idealogy and eye opening about quake 3, id almost like to get it just to test the performance difference. but i can just imagine...