iTunes 4 download

if you download a song from their store and say ur mac crashes :rolleyes: and you lose your music, now are you able to download that song again without paying or will you need to shellup a dollar again?

if you download a song from their store and say ur mac crashes :rolleyes: and you lose your music, now are you able to download that song again without paying or will you need to shellup a dollar again?

The music you buy is not tied to the machine you buy it on. it's tied to your account. So you can go ahead and download it on up to three simultaneous macs.

Ok this is what I was worried about. My mom and dad always double click on things where you should do a single click. Suppose you doubleclick on the buy button, what happens?

Does it cost you twice? Or does it have a protection against idiotic behaviour like this?

As it will come to the PC by the end of the year I would really like to know this.

so when can people expect the iPods to come

i ordered on the 28th, the guy on the phone said they would ship out on friday but on the site it said order today and get your new iPod by friday

Ok this is what I was worried about. My mom and dad always double click on things where you should do a single click. Suppose you doubleclick on the buy button, what happens?

Does it cost you twice? Or does it have a protection against idiotic behaviour like this?

As it will come to the PC by the end of the year I would really like to know this.

I'm 99% sure they won't let you double-charge yourself. Once you guy it, you own it, regardless of context. So, attempting to buy something you already own probably won't work ;)

Plus, when you click buy, a screen pops up to enter your password, so you can't physically click the button twice. You could also set it up for shopping cart mode (which I like better cause it gives recommendations) which will prevent this error as well.

ok so what is stopping me from downloading this music and say sending it to you timdorr over msn (mac) will it work and if not, how does it know what machine its on....

Each machine has to be specifically linked to the account name/password.

If you trust timdorr with your name and password then he can play the file just fine.

Keep in mind that with your name and password anyone can buy new songs and you will be charged for them so posting that info on the web probably isn't a good way to pirate music.

i ordered on the 28th, the guy on the phone said they would ship out on friday but on the site it said order today and get your new iPod by friday

in stores thursday

i ordered  on the 28th, the guy on the phone said they would ship out on friday but on the site it said order today and get your new iPod by friday

in stores thursday

it already is thursday and it says right on apple.com that it will be in stores friday, i didnt ask when it would be in stores i asked when orders would be received from the apple store :pinch:

anyways aaron awnsered my question

According to my Apple Rep, no one is authorized to display/sell the new iPods until tomorrow (Friday)...and that any store found doing so would be reprimanded (Apple Store) or could face a loss of Apple License (Box Stores).

In-fact, I got my invite to the iPod launch at the local Apple Store today which I plan to attend as well as going to the 'party' at the store afterwards. :)

A party just because for the release of some hardware..... with an afterparty even. Man you Apple people are a little weird sometimes. :blink:

or we just like to have fun ;)

i don't see how they can control the file after you download it. i mean apple says you can use it on three computers legally. burn as many copies as you want and store it on as many ipods as you want.

aka, put the file on your ipod and take to wherever you want and import it. heh

Microsoft is making a broadband internet crapper, and you're calling Apple guys wierd for having a party? Hello, reality here, nice to meet you.

A party just because for the release of some hardware..... with an afterparty even. Man you Apple people are a little weird sometimes. :blink:

maybe Apple people are not merely computer nerds and they enjoy life? :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...