Liverpool Vs Chelsea (Champions League Quarter Final)

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea.. This is what Hiddink brings to Chelsea, we haven't scored 3 goals at Anfield since the 4-1 victory at Anfield in October 2005 under Jose Mourinho... What a legend.. :D

080chelseaDM0505_468x375.jpg

Boo hoo, it's just not good enough...

_42964689_champ416_ap.jpg

Maybe the tide is turning in these Chelsea/Liverpool champions league ties.. Rah..

Wait what, 3-1 to Chelsea at Anfield? Oh wow. How the hell did Liverpool screw that up?

I'm amazed, I was sure Liverpool was going to win this one.

It feels like Christmas has come early, even I wasen't expecting this.. :D

I know our record against Liverpool is'nt great in the Champions League although for Liverpool to come and score 3 goals at Stamford Bridge, hmm.. If it happens i'm leaving the country.. lol

What a game!!!

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea.

Could easily have been Liverpool 2-6 Chelsea!

So true, in all honesty, i'm amazed. This never happens to us.. heh.. I'm gonna enjoy this for as long as possible just the same as Liverpool have done each time they knock us out.. lol.. I know it's not over but it's as good as dead, to concede 3 goals at Stamford bridge is just not going to happen.. :D *fingers crossed*

Huhuhu, it never gets old. Very strong operation for Chelsea, Liverpool is definitively knock down after a loss like that. But I'm gonna be honnest with you, I was excepting the Blues to win. Maybe for the first time in my life.

We could see a Manchester United - Chelsea in final again.

Maybe the tide is turning in these Chelsea/Liverpool champions league ties.. Rah..

Suppose all teams have gotta have their lucky moment. Shame chelsea have to buy their trophies :D

Boys showed up today and got the result.... woohoo!

I wasn't aware of any other Chelsea fans here... Nice to meet you PurpleHaze lol. Are you ready to get ridiculed?

Liverpool have spent more than chelsea in the last 2 years!

I know, it was a joke that started back in the time when Abramovic first showed up :p before then Chelsea where a small, nothing team.

The real blame for me though lays on Rafa's zonal marking system, the amount of goals Liverpool have conceded since he took charge from set pieces is a testiment to the fact that it just doesn't work, which is frustrating as I believe we do generally have a sound defense apart from that.

Huhuhu, it never gets old. Very strong operation for Chelsea, Liverpool is definitively knock down after a loss like that. But I'm gonna be honnest with you, I was excepting the Blues to win. Maybe for the first time in my life.

We could see a Manchester United - Chelsea in final again.

Oh god no, I remember that final last year. It felt like it took a year off my life, even though we won! It was so unbelievably tense. I actually still remember that fairly vividly...

I still feel for John Terry, missing that penalty, that was so gutting. Of course, it got us the win, but still.

I will agree Chelsea did put it on us even at Anfield. I haven't seen us controlled like that in a while. But don't count us out just yet remember we won at Stamford Bridge this season 2-0, at Old Trafford 1-4 and with John Terry out of the game in the second leg I think it helps. It's a long road but we can fight through it

Of course, you still have a game to play. "You'll never walk alone" blablabla

But the confidence Chelsea got from the win will be hard to break. Even for a team like Liverpool.

I will agree Chelsea did put it on us even at Anfield. I haven't seen us controlled like that in a while. But don't count us out just yet remember we won at Stamford Bridge this season 2-0, at Old Trafford 1-4 and with John Terry out of the game in the second leg I think it helps. It's a long road but we can fight through it

With Liverpool in the Champions League anything is possible. I'm hoping for an awesome Liverpool win, not only to shut up my brother but to prove we still are one of the best teams in Europe.

Like every other Reds' fan out there, I'd like nothing more than to see my favorite team progress to semis... But lets be a little realistic here.

Liverpool might score one or maybe two goals, but scoring three at the Bridge is unlikely, given the Blues' most recent form. Even if Chelsea do have an 'off' day (in the second leg), it's still very unlikely we will see a 3-0 (LFC) scoreline. At best, 2-0 or perhaps 3-1 to Liverpool; the latter scoreline being my most optimistic prediction.

I give us one chance in ten of progressing to the semis.

These are the teams I think we will see competing in this years' Champions League semi-finals:

Arsenal

Barcelona

Chelsea (Liverpool?? keeping fingers crossed :cool: )

FC Porto

Indeed. Before anyone assumes we are completely dead, remember what we did to AC Milan in 2005.

It's gonna be damn hard to recover from a blow like that no doubt about it, but I am sure they will give it their all