Silent Hill: Revelations (aka Silent Hill 2)

230009328.jpg

After 5 years we are finally getting Silent Hill 2 and not only are we getting a sequel but they?ve already started casting it. According to Bloody-Disgusting, Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring), who was also in the first Silent Hill movie, is in talks to join the Michael J. Bassett's upcoming horror sequel:

We can exclusively reveal that an offer is out to Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Vampire) has signed on as "Heather" and that Sean Bean (Black Death, Silent Hill) is now in negotiations to return to the franchise as "Harry"!

py7tQ.jpg

Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, and Deborah Kara Unger Return For ?Silent Hill: Revelation 3D?

A press release announces the returning cast, but doesn?t give any detail on how they?ll fit into the film, specifically whether they?ll be a major part of the story, or merely present in flashbacks or via other similar devices. (In the first film, Sean Bean and Radha Mitchell were the adoptive parents of a young girl who Deborah Kara Unger?s character says is a reincarnation of her own late, tormented little girl.)

Director Michael J. Bassett says,

It wouldn?t be the same without some of the original Silent Hill cast. Sean, Radha and Deborah?s return will certainly thrill fans of the franchise and compliment Revelations stars Adelaide and Kit.

In the press release cinematographer Maxime Alexandre also confirms that the 3D film is being shot on the new Red EPIC camera system, saying:

With the most advanced technology available, in particular the lighter, smaller and more flexible 3D Red Epic, we are able to take audiences deeper in the world of Silent Hill than they ever dreamed possible. Devotees will finally be able to enter this realm along side of Heather, Vincent, Harry and Rose and experience the psychological horror and the fear of the unknown with them.

http://www.slashfilm.com/radha-mitchell-sean-bean-deborah-kara-unger-return-silent-hill-revelation-3d/#more-100428

I read this the other day, got all my warm and fuzzies again! I think I'm part of the minority here, but I loved the first film. Thought it was one of the best game-to-film adaptions ever done. While I was a bit bummed (albeit, not surprised) that they were going for a completely new cast, I never lost faith the sequel would be great. After reading they are bringing back the stars from the first, even if it's just for a quick cameo, mmm nerd-gasm. I'm looking forward to this movie more than ever now. I'm also afraid to admit I'm really looking forward to seeing this in 3D. From playing the games I can see how 3D is going to make this really great. I know a lot of bash 3D because the glasses make everything darker. Since Silent Hill is meant to be dark and eerie, having to wear the glasses shouldn't affect the quality of the film, imo at least.

I liked the first one. It felt similar in spirit to the games, and I understand that's what probably got it not-so-great reviews because of the confusing plot. What I like about this one is that they're bringing back the actors from the first one, instead they could have just taken the easy way out, pop out a sequel which has nothing to do with the previous one, just put it in Silent Hill, and add a reference to the first one in form of a picture or a document *cough* Silent Hill games *cough* Could be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CARRIE-ANNE MOSS AND MALCOLM MCDOWELL JOIN CAST OF SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D

qfO0S.jpg

Carrie-Anne Moss and Malcolm McDowell have joined Adelaide Clemens, Sean Bean, Kit Harington, and Radha Mitchell in the upcoming horror sequel Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. Moss and McDowell will play Claudia and Leonard Wolf, but the press release doesn?t offer any details on those characters.

looking good so far :) too bad they've already used "you're not here" , the original song for Silent Hill 3, in the first movie

• 1 year later...

This is gonna be so awesome.

If you live near Universal Studios Hollywood, they just announced...

Heather picture

It looks like they took Heather right out of the video game and planted her directly into real life. I don't think I've ever seen a person look so closely like the video game character they are portraying before.

It looks like they took Heather right out of the video game and planted her directly into real life. I don't think I've ever seen a person look so closely like the video game character they are portraying before.

She's pretty cute too. ^.^