Silent Hill: Revelations (aka Silent Hill 2)

I hope they will make a second movie. The first movie ruled, I mean the monsters, the atmosphere and the ending all kinda had that 'new' feeling to them - something I didn't see before in a horror/monster movie.

For the second movie, the main thing is to have a good story while still having the empasis on this atmosphere / horror psych thing.

Now the games on the other hand are just puzzle solvers with guns added so the player wouldn't get bored to death with the puzzles. Point and Click puzzle solver and shooter mix is just not appealing to either puzzle fans or horror shooter survival fans imo

Silent Hill has always been amazing. I really love the horror of it all. Definitely different then the norm. I really enjoyed the first. I hope they make another. While the games are pretty much a movie themselves its just nice being able to sit back and watch someone else go through the hell that is Silent Hill. mmm love that fog.

• 3 months later...

Okay, so Silent Hill franchise now has seven video games under its blood-spattered belt. Plus, there are all kinds of crazy spin-offs, promotional videos and books to boot. However, there has only been one big screen adaptation of the exceedingly horrific series?2006's Silent Hill by French director Christophe Gans, starring the uber hot Radha Mitchell as the story's heroine. Right now, you can catch Radha kicking more freak ass in The Crazies, but we caught up with her for an exclusive interview and she dropped a cryptic hint about the shady series' future in typical Silent Hill fashion.

While the news is grim, there appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

"I'm not sure what's going on," Mitchell told Bloody Disgusting. "I think they want to re-explore it, but I'm not quite sure in what context or who's going to direct it or how it's going to be done. I guess there's more to do still. I randomly bumped into the guy that created Silent Hill in a restaurant the other day, and he said that they do plan to make more though."

Source

• Like 1

You can always request to merge them :p then yours would be on top.

Evolll rappy EVVVVVVVVVVOooooooooooooooollllllllll

That's what's wrong with the Resident Evil movies, they made too Loud, too many people, too action, not enough true scary parts and definitely not much intelligence like the game does.

I agree, I have to say I enjoyed Silent hill movie than ANY of the RE movies. Not to mention silent hill can be really creepy if they wanted to, the whole heaven/hell debacle, whilst resident evil is just zombies and evil corporations :p Which is good for actions movies. The only RE movie I sorta liked was the last one which I can't even remember what the name was.

Silent Hill 2 needs a new cast. The first story was done and it was done well. I DON'T want to see them returning. One part that made the series so good was all these different people thrown into this same creepy world and how each experience differed from the other. I'd like to see a man take on the lead role like the original game, although I'd rather he wasn't looking for his lost daughter too. I miss my, man with pipe, beating zombie children at the abandoned school experiences. Although I'd say the best part of this series is, its not what you see that scares you. It's a combination of what you don't see and what you hear. With a world filled with ****ty horror movies about people being hacked to bits Silent Hill is a refreshing reminder that you don't need to murder people nonsensically to be scary.

With a world filled with ****ty horror movies about people being hacked to bits Silent Hill is a refreshing reminder that you don't need to murder people nonsensically to be scary.

Couldn't have said it better!

Silent Hill 2 needs a new cast. The first story was done and it was done well. I DON'T want to see them returning. One part that made the series so good was all these different people thrown into this same creepy world and how each experience differed from the other. I'd like to see a man take on the lead role like the original game, although I'd rather he wasn't looking for his lost daughter too. I miss my, man with pipe, beating zombie children at the abandoned school experiences. Although I'd say the best part of this series is, its not what you see that scares you. It's a combination of what you don't see and what you hear. With a world filled with ****ty horror movies about people being hacked to bits Silent Hill is a refreshing reminder that you don't need to murder people nonsensically to be scary.

I wouldn't mind a new cast actually with a different story on the Silent Hill world, I liked the recent game of Silent Hill would be cool if there was a film based on that.

starring the uber hot Radha Mitchell as the story's heroine.

She is NOT uber hot, really, but there is something attractive about her! :D

Shutter Island has a Silent Hill feel!!!

Evolll rappy EVVVVVVVVVVOooooooooooooooollllllllll

I agree, I have to say I enjoyed Silent hill movie than ANY of the RE movies. Not to mention silent hill can be really creepy if they wanted to, the whole heaven/hell debacle, whilst resident evil is just zombies and evil corporations :p Which is good for actions movies. The only RE movie I sorta liked was the last one which I can't even remember what the name was.

I CAN'T really respect these kinds movies that doen't try to respect the game's moods, atmosphere! Try to create it's own mood/atmosphere and then DECEIVE the viewers that its based on the same VG!

I would NEVER be a fan of Resident Evil if it were anything like based on these movies!

I got all the RE movies, but I barely watch them!

On the other hand, I WANT to watch Silent Hill again this weekend :)

She is NOT uber hot, really, but there is something attractive about her! :D

Shutter Island has a Silent Hill feel!!!

yeah I noticed that, not seen the film yet but got that feel from the trailers

• 8 months later...

Silent Hill 2 Being Shopped Around Hollywood!

Bloody-Disgusting has obtained information that says while attending the American Film Market, Lionsgate International will begin pre-sales on "Silent Hill 2," the sequel to the 2006 video game adaptation from director Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf).

A sequel was planned ever since the 2006 original hit, and hit big. With a budget of 50 million the first Silent Hill raked in over 100 million, so yeah a sequel is planned. Unfortunately, for the horror movie franchise, movement with the sequel fell silent (see what I did there:) after Writer Roger Avary (Pulp Fiction) crashed his car in 2008 while driving drunk, killing his close friend and seriously injuring his wife. Avery was convicted of vehicular manslaughter and did a year in the hole.

Avery was released in August and has since finished the script. Radha Mitchell has expressed interest in returning for the sequel but has not signed the dotted line making it official yet. [Source]

ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that Michael J. Bassett will direct Silent Hill: Revelations, which will be released in 3D

Bassett's credits include Solomon Kane and Deathwatch.

"Revelations" focuses on a protagonist named Heather Mason who, on the eve of her 18th birthday, is plagued by nightmares and now has to investigate the disappearance of her father.

The first film, directed by Christophe Gans and starring Radha Mitchell, earned $97.6 million at the worldwide box office.

Read more: Michael J. Bassett to Direct Silent Hill 2 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71374#ixzz14GFc30ZB

They need to hurry the **** up with this already, first film was awesome.

Love the girl's breasts :D ... and I also LOVE Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 1 was success cuz it stayed true to the Video Game UNLIKE Resident Evil. Although I have to say the last RE was the truest one. Still not true as Silent Hill 1

Most Directors of Video game movies **** me off that they ignore video game elements and do their own S*** , you know. They make it unlike the games. And, thank goodness SH 1 stayed more true!

Hopefully this director don't ignore that!

From the Press Release:

SAMUEL HADIDA AND DON CARMODY TO PRODUCE ?SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D?

BASED ON THE BEST SELLING KONAMI VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE,

MICHAEL J. BASSETT TO HELM FROM HIS OWN SCREENPLAY

Los Angeles, California ? November 5, 2010: Fresh off their $270M+ box office sensation Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, producers Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody have re-teamed to create Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, which is currently in pre-production. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will also reunite Davis Films producer Hadida with Michael J. Bassett (Deathwatch, Solomon Kane), who will direct the 3D film on location this winter in the Toronto area. International sales are being handled by Lionsgate at the upcoming AFM.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, based on the acclaimed survival horror video game franchise by KONAMI , is a sequel to Hadida and Carmody?s earlier collaboration, Christophe Gans? Silent Hill. For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn?t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she?s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

Hadida said: ?We have high expectations for this continuation of the franchise with our reunited Silent Hill production team. Michael was our natural choice to write and direct. He understands the genre, is passionate about the Silent Hillfranchise, and will bring his considerable action picture skills to a fresh and thrilling insight of the Silent Hill 3D world.?

Hadida noted further, ?We are especially excited about our renewed collaboration with KONAMI. KONAMI?S sustained success with the seven video games published to date is unique testament to the ongoing appeal of this property?.

Carmody added: ?Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, Paranormal Activity 2, and Saw 3Dshow that global audiences have a continued thirst for the horror action genre. Silent Hill, like Resident Evil before it, is a beloved videogame, now becomes a successful film franchise that both encompasses and transcends the gameworld.?

?We are pleased to partner with Samuel and Don again to bring a new Silent Hill experience to the silver screen.? Said Careen Yapp, Vice President of KONAMI . Just as the franchise has evolved, we?re confident Silent Hill Revelation 3D will bring a new Silent Hill story that is both frightening and engaging. Their sensitivity to our loyal, avid, global community of fans will make for an amazing 3D experience!?

Hadida and Carmody most recently produced Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D starring Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, and Wentworth Miller. Past collaborations includeResident Evil: Apocalypse.

Robert E. Howard?s Solomon Kane marked screenwriter and director Michael J. Bassett?s last feature film. He made his debut with Deathwatch, an atmospheric horror movie set in the trenches of World War I which starred Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis.

About Davis Films

Davis Films, based in Paris and Los Angeles, is one of the world?s leading independent production companies and has been directly involved in the production of over forty feature films. Along with leading French distributor Metropolitan FilmExport, Davis Films is owned and managed by Samuel and Victor Hadida.

Hadida?s first production was Tony Scott?s True Romance, which was based on a script by Quentin Tarantino. Hadida recently announced that he?s teaming up with Scott for a third time on a crime thriller starring Academy Award Nominee Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler, Iron Man 2, The Expendables). Davis is also known for its successful adaptations of Japanese media, including Crying Freeman, with Christophe Gans directing, the Resident Evil franchise, and Silent Hill, also directed by Gans.

About KONAMI

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties. Konami?s titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami can be found at http://www.konami.com.

A week ago, it was announced that Michael J. Bassett (Deathwatch, Solomon Kane) will write and direct Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. Bassett has now also commented about the news on his Blog.
"Finally, it's been announced and I can say officially what I've been eager to share with you all for a little while now; I've written and am going to be directing the new Silent Hill movie," Bassett stated.

He added: "I love the games and was a huge admirer of the first film. Especially how Christophe Gans and his team managed to capture the look and feel of the world. I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I'm bringing back as many of that core creative team as I can ? but I'm probably going to bring just a little more darkness and fear into the mix as well. I love the complex mythology and psychological twists that Konami created so will do my best honour that aspect too."

Bassett said that he is "determined to deliver a film that builds on the qualities of the first film and draws on the best aspects of the games whilst giving the audience more nuanced characters, a compelling story and introducing some terrifying new monsters (as well as bringing back a few favourites) and, most important of all? just scaring the sh*t out of everyone."

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is based on the acclaimed survival horror videogame. For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

Read more: Michael J. Bassett Talks Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71563#ixzz14tYoQxKX

let's hope that if they bring pyramid head again it is for the right reasons and not for just dancing in front of the camera and skinning corpses, in SH2 pyramid head was a manifestation of guilt for the protagonist

• 3 months later...
So according to "Sneak Peek" blog they've started and writer/director Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane) is there too at the helm.

Movie will be in 3D and the producer is Don Carmody (Resident Evil).

Lionsgate:

For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn?t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.