Your Tunes, My Tunes

http://www.012484.com/

A guy from MaccNN is starting a simple site for people to share their URL to their iTunes' library. Not too many people there now but I'm sure it will grow. It's cool browsing other people's music taste.....or bad taste. :D

*You can turn sharing on in iTunes through the Preferences and then you can right click on your library and click "Copy Sharing URL" to get your url. Also if you are behind a firewall, iTunes uses port 3689, so open that up and you should be fine

Edited by GatorZx2

this is awesome...i copied my sharing URL but the address is much longer than the examples given on that site, any idea as to what im doing wrong?

Mine is long too, I think the site will shorten it for you.

An idea I got today. Only, I'm going farther and trying to get the actual shared files and upload them to a server for searches :)

no...and the songs skip around because the information relay is slow...not as cool as i thought at first, but im guessing there will be improvements

no...and the songs skip around because the information relay is slow...not as cool as i thought at first, but im guessing there will be improvements

It all depends on the connection and the bandwith of the host. I've had several that were instant and clear like they were on my machine.

wish we could make it a p2p app tho instead of just streaming... :shifty:

as more information on the protocol is discovered I'm planning on making a "syncing" application that will take music from my ibook, imac, and powerbook and make sure all libraries have the same tunes on each device. Rip on one machine: play it on any on my network.

Connecting to the server is fine when I'm at home, but as soon as I move out of wifi range I loose a sizeable portion of music. I'm not so sure I want to enable internet syncing though: i don't need it, and I don't really want to help others pirate music.

I'm not familar enough with the iTunes API to build a pluggin so stand alone application it is (for now). /me heads back to developer.apple.com

as more information on the protocol is discovered I'm planning on making a "syncing" application that will take music from my ibook, imac, and powerbook and make sure all libraries have the same tunes on each device. Rip on one machine: play it on any on my network.

Connecting to the server is fine when I'm at home, but as soon as I move out of wifi range I loose a sizeable portion of music. I'm not so sure I want to enable internet syncing though: i don't need it, and I don't really want to help others pirate music.

I'm not familar enough with the iTunes API to build a pluggin so stand alone application it is (for now). /me heads back to developer.apple.com

thats an awesome idea...keep us (or at least me) updated