How to make Both Mouse Buttons be Right Click

Question

Is there any way to make both right and left mouse buttons behave so that they are both LEFT click?

My kid has little fingers, and last time he managed to delete something which forced me to reinstall.

I searched google, but to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT : I made a mistake in the title - i meant left button

Edited by zedaxax

15 answers to this question

@pure legend - I am using xp. Yes both buttons do right click.

We tend to play really simple pc games & watch movies. He tends to click both buttons randomly.

Yes i could get a smaller mouse.

Maybe i should simply get a one button mac mouse. Did not think of that. Thanks.

@tony - "restricted environment"? All his stuff is on a limited user account, are you suggesting i make all files "read only"? Sounds like a plan.

Edited by zedaxax

I'm sorry, I'm confused. How did he delete something that forced you to re-install? (Windows I presume) given he is on a restricted account.

Despite not understanding your problem making both mouse buttons right click is far from optimal solution.

Do you have a child?

It is amazing what they can do, he managed to get a blue screen of death once. Give him your mobile phone and he will randomly manage to unlock the keypad lock and call the last person you want to call on speaker mode....

Untitled-1_9.jpg

Basically his little fingers are all over the place, he tries, he is 4yrs old, and likes for example this game he will mistakenly right click, get adobe preferences and where it goes from there is clik everything, while i make dinner.

Yes i prefer him not to play on the pc or watch hence building stuff outside etc, but the peer pressure of his kindergarten friends requires the occasional update.

one kid of 4 even has a nintendo ds ffs.

so basically i need a one button mouse.

Left click = LEFT clik

Right Clik = LEFT Clik

Scroll button = LEFT Click

I wont even start about the keyboard.

One button mac mouse seems to be simple solution.

Edited by zedaxax

You realize a right click brings up a menu which allows him to do those devilish things, right?

I think you mean left click. Unless you're left handed.

ooooops :blush:

Yes i meant left click

(I am left handed, machine he uses is right handed)

will now edit the above. :shame:

Whichever way all buttons do not allow for context menu.

I guess it depends on your mouse, and what software it uses, but most pointing devices let you define what every button does within it's Control Panel applet. Should be straight-forward to set up your mouse so that both (or all) buttons "left-click". More advanced mouse software will let you create profiles so you can switch between different setups when needed.