Speaker Connection HUB

I was wondering if there was a device that I could connect my speakers to that would let me connect both my xbox 360 and computer to the same set of speakers. I have the Logitech X-540 speakers and always have to switch the connect from the computer to the xbox if I change what I am doing. Is there a device that I can connect both the xbox 360 and the computer to the speakers to prevent me from having to change the connection each time?

You basically want a simple A/V switcher, where you won't be using the 'V' part.

Such things are available at Radioshack or walmart for about $5.

You'll probably spend more on 1/8"->RCA and RCA->1/8" adapters than the switcher itself. :p

You basically want a simple A/V switcher, where you won't be using the 'V' part.

Such things are available at Radioshack or walmart for about $5.

You'll probably spend more on 1/8"->RCA and RCA->1/8" adapters than the switcher itself. :p

I'm sorry I still don't quite understand what you mean. Can you link me to some samples of what you are talking about?

So I would connect my xbox 360 normally in input 1. Connect that Y adapter with the red and white cable from the computer into the #2 input. What kind of adapter do I need to connect the green one from the speakers into the output? Would I be looking for a 1/8"->RCA adapter?

Yep. Or you could just get another y cable and connect it directly into the input on the amp/subwoofer.

(It's not like the "green one" is permanently attached somehow, correct?)

Edited by shakey_snake

So I am going to need

1 A/V switcher

2 1/8"->RCA cables

Was just wondering if all speaker systems run off of the 1/8" cables because I want to pick this all up at once and just want to make sure everything will work properly.

Was just wondering if all speaker systems run off of the 1/8" cables
Just about any computer one will, yeah. Most stereo and home theater equipment use RCA plugs.

But whether a signal is traveling over an RCA plugs or 1/4" or 1/8" it's almost always a line-level analog signal, so you just need to adapt the physical connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway to get my satellite TV which uses a coaxial cable to have the sound come through my surround sound too? Just got everything else hooked up so just wondering about that.

looks like ill have to stick with the TV speakers then lol. The box is about 50ft away from my TV so I don't really wanna buy a long audio cable lol