Thinkin of switchin...

Get a Mac when it gets a G5 if you are going to wait ;)

You really have a dream job

Wish i was as lucky?:((

Yeah, and you know what?

Right now, I have a job that is of administrating Game Servers (People rent 'em), but I'm moving in the US (Florida) in about 1 month for another computer job :laugh::

Some details on the job in question:

Gonna build computers and benchmark 'em:DD

Income?

~100$ per comp

I will build around 6-7 pooters per day, meaning around 700$ per day

700x5 days per week = 3 500$ per week

3 500$ per week x 4 weeks in a month (Not exactly, but o well:))) = 14 000$ Per month

14 000$ per month x 12 months = 168 000$ per year

w0000000000t Mac here I come! :laugh::

all well and good, but arent you going to have to sell them to get the money?

They are probably sold through his company that he works for..

na na, my job will be of building computers from pieces. We sell em to other ppl. It's only that mac that I wanna keep for myself :happy::

Apple should make a games cosoule then the cosole games would be ealily ported to a mac :D

I think they already did that a biiiiig while ago, but it was a COMPLETE flop, it sucked....

pippin.jpg

Question

Hank is there any possibility that Apple would start making consoles and videogames?. If yes have they started making one (cosole)? Please tell me everything you know.

Answer

Fairly recent rumors have suggested that Apple might release a console to compete with Xbox or some other type of home computing device that offers services suitable for home entertainment in the living room. Other than that, there is no information about such a product from Apple.

Many years ago, in the days not long after Atari Jaguar, another console from Apple and Bandai called Pippin was to be released, using a 66 MHz PowerPC 603 32-bit CPU, 6MB of RAM, and a stripped down Mac OS. The Pippin CPU was much more powerful than Sega Saturn and Sony PlayStation main processors were, but it never became a competitive video game console. Pippin fell into the crowd consisting of NEC SuperGrafx, Panasonic 3DO, Commodore Amiga CD32, and Fujitsu FM-Towns Marty. In other words, these (and other) consoles never became very popular and spread.

Pippin had games like Dragon Ball Z (probably the rarest version of DBZ), Gundam Tactics, and a few other Japanese games.

Since your question resulted in information on rare consoles to be queried from my database, I shall suggest to the PVC staff an update to the console specs page to include more consoles.

Here's a picture of the Pippin console.

Source: http://hankfiles.pcvsconsole.com/answer.php?file=226

Want to be welcomed every morning with ...

"There are new Security Updates awaiting Download, Proceed?"

On occasion, security updates are released and I install them promply requiring little or no effort.

The question is why someone would want to switch from a PC to a Mac and I have yet to hear one compelling reason. Certainly not software compatibility. Certainly not speed. Certainly not upgradeability. Certainly not ease of use. Certainly not GUI.

Can anyone give me at least one compelling reason?

Did anyone ever mention ... Ease of Use? ... for me, thats one Rather large reason

and, equally, i stand by wtmcgee... What are u referring to, with the point about GUI? ... are us suggesting that maybe Microsoft's GUI is indeed better for some reason? ... sorry, i really don't want to bring this thread to a flame... if we can keep answering one another's questions with proper answer's, it'd be appreciated ... by me, the mod's ... and the fellow readers alike! :D

Did anyone ever mention ... Ease of Use? ... for me, thats one Rather large reason

and, equally, i stand by wtmcgee... What are u referring to, with the point about GUI? ... are us suggesting that maybe Microsoft's GUI is indeed better for some reason? ... sorry, i really don't want to bring this thread to a flame... if we can keep answering one another's questions with proper answer's, it'd be appreciated ... by me, the mod's ... and the fellow readers alike! :D

So basically by your logic, Mac == Computing for dummies.

Yes, I'd agree.

jon, i wouldn't say macs are for 'dummies' by any stretch of the imagination, but you are right - macs are easier to use. they're easier to get things done on, get it over with, and get on with enjoying your life. macs do the hard part for you, instead of making you click thru 4 or 5 dialogs just to change one setting.

if that makes me a dummy, so be it.

If using a computer is made easier, why would that actually be bad thing? ... or should every1 require a vast computing knowledge, 2 be able to do tasks? ... lol ...hmmmm... i'm afraid 2 say, not every1 wants 2 be a geek to get work done ;)

Edit : wtmcgee... Great minds think alike ;) ;) lol

Yes, I'd agree.

i can finish something in 5 minutes and you take 10 minutes to do the same thing, do you still think you're 1337? and remember, an OS that is easy to use doesn't mean its for dummies, it's better for dummies of course, and it's best for 1337 like you.

Yes, I'd agree.

i can finish something in 5 minutes and you take 10 minutes to do the same thing, do you still think you're 1337? and remember, an OS that is easy to use doesn't mean its for dummies, it's better for dummies of course, and it's best for 1337 like you.

1337?! LMFAO Aaron!! ... i really have to stop laughin @ my Screen :blush:

one great thing about mac os x is the fact if you want to - you CAN harness the power of a UNIX system and use the terminal and cron scheduling and all that fun nerdy stuff many, myself included, enjoy too.

but, at the same time i have a beautiful, elegant, easy to use OS that does what i want it to, and stays out of my way.

i can see why people use MS operating systems..... there's something to be said about using what 95% of the world uses. compatibility, cost, speed, and games are all a lot of reasons i could see people making in favor of windows.

but i'm happy with my mac, and so is everyone else in this forum that is so lucky to own one. that's all that matters. if you like windows, awesome! why not run along and enjoy it in a PC forum....

I like the asthetic value of a Mac, I find with Mobydock and Style XP I can get that same warm fuzzy feeling and still play all my games with on it :whistle:

1337?! LMFAO Aaron!! ... i really have to stop laughin @ my Screen :blush:

yeah cuz people always think themselves are elite when they want to do things the hard way. thats plain dumb.

devilotX, i thought mobydock and style xp gave me the feeling of a Mac, until i got my Mac... :whistle:

hey, i play warcraft3 on my Mac :whistle:

skinnylegs,May 3 2003, 23:09]

On occasion, security updates are released and I install them promply requiring little or no effort.

The question is why someone would want to switch from a PC to a Mac and I have yet to hear one compelling reason. Certainly not software compatibility. Certainly not speed. Certainly not upgradeability. Certainly not ease of use. Certainly not GUI.

HOW ABOUT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO

skinnylegs,May 3 2003, 23:09]

Loud and clear. :D

Jesus, If you wanna switch, then switch...Its not our jobs to give you a good reason or anything...Sheesh, these PC users...no respect...

did you just say "certainly not GUI", and mean it?

Absolutely.

.....because they want to. Ok, I'm down with that. If someone wants to switch for no particular reason, who am I to argue. That being said, the question remains, give me one compelling reason why the guy who started this thread should switch to a Mac.

Yes, I'd agree.

The fact that you've used the term '1337' as part of your arguement says a lot to me...

I was going to apologise for a slightly trollish comment, as the result of an extreme hangover, but your post made me that little bit more certain that most mac users are obsessed with image.

[LOF]skinnylegs: You are so irritating if i may say :whistle:. it's his/her will to switch and it's very clear that he/she asks the question first....so, it might proper for you to answer the question instead of asking another "dumb" question.....remember...it's his/her will to do so (to switch)..let it be....:D

And for you, aStRaLgOd, there have been similiar threads like this all over Neowin. You should read them first before posting this. But it's your right to do so :p though. Peace ouuuuuut :pinch:

What I wanna know is, if and when Apple releases a x86 version of OSX (or it's underlying codebase of course) how many of the MAC bashers are gonna switch to it and say how "l337" it is then? Buahahaha.

what is this, the day of the flame war? I get on my computer before I go to bed and all I read is people arguing about Mac and PC and which one is better. If you PC fanatics are so in love with them, then keep them. Why come into a Mac forum and say you hate Macs? Am I the only one this does not make sense to? :no: Unless of course these are just highschool kids having a bitch argument then I guess I was expecting to much. (N)

skinnylegs,May 3 2003, 21:06] .....because they want to. Ok, I'm down with that. If someone wants to switch for no particular reason, who am I to argue. That being said, the question remains, give me one compelling reason why the guy who started this thread should switch to a Mac.

Perhaps so he isn't part of the arrogant, "Change is Bad" PC Community Anymore?

Dear God, I use to be one of them. :p

One you go Mac, you never go back!

I love how jealous PC users always come into these threads trying to make people think their K-Rad L33T AMD $u><0R 2000+ is superior to the Mac just because they are too ignorant to go and actually learn what the differences (Not as many as you may think folks) are between the two platforms.

Someone find me a common business application that is for Windows that you can't find a native Mac counterpart or an application which CAN be emulated though either X11 or Virtual PC.

There is more to life than games fanboys. :p