Samsung RB213KA

I wouldn't normally write comments about something as seemingly simple as a refrigerator, but there is a very good reason I have decided to do this. This thing blows my mind. I have owned this refrigerator for 5 months now. Not only has it been supremely reliable, as you would expect a fridge of this age to be, it does so much more.

First there's the dual condensers. This prevents odors transferring between the fridge and refrigerator. Honestly, it just seemed like a marketing gimmick to me when I bought it, but after all this time I can safely tell you that it does make a difference. Everything tastes like it should, and not like a combination of other stuff. This is aided by my second point below.

Second, the humidity in the freezer and fridge are proper to how they should be to keep food their freshest. This is achieved because of the dual condensors. The fridge and freezer are completely isolated from each-other, so you don't have a humid freezer and a dry fridge. The humidity in the fridge is around 25%, where a typical fridge is about 7%. This keeps vegetables fresh for a very, very long time. How long? For example I just found a green pepper that was cut in half under a bunch of other stuff. I would have cut this pepper aproximately a monthg ago. It's not soggy or dried up at all. Another fine exaple is baby carrots. They usually turn white and the outside gets dry within a day or 2. We can keep them without noticing ANY of this for close to 2 months before any white develops.

Third: space. There is a ton of it. It doesn't look like a particularely big fridge, but there is no wasted space in it. Every nook and cranny seemed to be designed to fit something perfectly in it. My 1 only small complaint about the layout is that there's no egg tray. The main problem I had against this fridge before buying it was that I didn't think there would be a lot of space, so I was looking at others. I was wrong about that, and I'm glad I did get the Samsung.

Fouth, the freezer is great. I know not everybody would like the slide out trays it has, but they save a LOT of time and energy finding stuff. Also, for us with 3 people living here, it makes it easy to separate who's stuff is who's. Another, and probably the biggest advantage to the trays is that they hold in the cold air. This saves a lot on power bills as the freezer doesn't need to cool down again (or at leats not nearly as much) as a conventional one after it's been opened.

That brings me to the fifth and final thing I love about this fridge. It's such a stupidly simple feature that I can't only believe that I never though to look for it in a fridge, but I can't believe none of my other refridgerators have ever had it. It's a sensor that tells the computer controlling the fridge that the door is open. Most fridges after a little bit of the door being open will turn on the condendor and start trying to cool it down again. Not the Samsung. It waits until the door is closed again then it will do it's job. Again, a great power saving feature.

There are a lot of other features of this fridge that are great too, which I will list with a brief description:

Door alarm: leave the door open for a while and it lets you know

Child lock: so they can't play with the buttons

Super cool: cools the fridge faster than normal

Super freeze: same as super cool but for freezer

No door handles: looks great and is just as easy to open

thick rubber seal: very durable and VERY strong magnet, closes fridge securely

nice light bulb: illuminates everything well, but not so bright you blind yourself (note: electrolux in my opinion makes the best light in their fridges, but this one is quite good)

Once again, I highly recommend this fridge. I picked it up on sale for $700 canadian, which also makes it the cheapest of any fridge I have owned. Oddly it is the best fridge I've owned (and that includes the supposedly superior Kitchen-Aid one that really was just a normal fridge.

I was expecting pics of the fridge with beer inside :(

+1

Pictures of fridge with beer in it or it didn't happen.

Lol, I've been avoiding buying beer as I've been trying to get rid of my beer gut. I could take some pics with normal groceries inside though. Just didn't know if anybody would care about the pics or not

Lol, I've been avoiding buying beer as I've been trying to get rid of my beer gut. I could take some pics with normal groceries inside though. Just didn't know if anybody would care about the pics or not

Pictures are important for all reviews. Also, Beer > Groceries.