"Double entering"?

I'm not quite sure how to describe my problem but here goes. Internet service provider is Rogers (go figure). The problem is this, very recently, I've had webpages just stall on me for no reason. Now, this isn't much of a concern but it happens very frequently now. It would stall in the middle of loading, but when I highlight the URL and just click enter again, it loads without a glitch. Current browser is Chrome but I've tried IE8 as well and same chain of events. Running Windows 7 64-bit RC. Problem did not occur until recently, everything was fine after installing Windows 7 RC until recently. Any help?

Might be something changed with Their (Rogers) DNS servers, see if there is an alternate DNS server and enter it in the Network Connections' properties...

@clotz and TGT

Sorry forgot to mention I am already on OpenDNS

@bmaher

How exactly would I check for packet loss? And so far it seems FTP is running okay (could be the client forcing it to continue transfer)

Thanks for the help so far

Alright thanks for the advice, I'll call Rogers in the morning. In the meantime, is there anything else I should try?

Unfortunately the site is overwhelmed and I require a membership to run that test.

However, I got sidetracked and ran a speed test @ speedtest.net

Turns out my ping is 500+ which is quite ridiculous when I live in an urbanized area and even according to speedtest.net I am about 50 miles from the server. DL and UL speeds are accurate but the ping is way off. Usually in the 30s.

Shouldn't be like this especially at 3:30 in the morning

The 500+ ping would be your problem, something is wrong there. You need to phone up your isp about this asap and get it fixed! That is a rediculous ping.