The new i7 build - pictorial

Well finally finished tonight the new i7 build, considering we talked about it in the other thread. Overall everything went great. No problems and I have to say I was very impressed with new Antec case. The 1200. It could use a bit more screw-less stuff but overall very well thought out.

Unfortunately RAM is not all here cause it wasn't delivered but I'm getting it tomorrow so it'll be finally done.

Well off to installing the system now and I'll maybe post some benchmarks so people can compare results.

Also, V8 Cooler Master is one of the nicest and quietest CPU coolers I've used. The thing is incredibly big but works very well thanks to the 120mm fan inside.

Enjoy.

3518467644_1e44824ed3_o.jpg

3517657053_f174490731_o.jpg

3518467886_72363247ae_o.jpg

3518467988_aaaa36b69d_o.jpg

3517657669_3ec914ff4e_o.jpg

3518468516_e3d5fa062f_o.jpg

3517657933_7c48de0ff4_o.jpg

3518468882_276b1df069_o.jpg

3518468932_43bd3064d7_o.jpg

3517658189_479fcac21b_o.jpg

3517658239_a4c8d9434a_o.jpg

3517658287_552e7e6b01_o.jpg

3517658361_cd0d7e5736_o.jpg

Edited by Boz

Looking good indeed, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost?

Everything, including some materials, cable ties and stuff like that for organizing the case. $2200.Considering I'm going to sell my old computer Quad extreme (have someone picking it up) for $1000. It essentially costs me $1200.

Dude, you have too much expendable income :(

:) well it's not expendable. This machine will generate quite a bit of money during this year. So it comes back. I'm actually trying to replace the computer every year now so I don't have to lose a lot of money like I did before when I was paying $4500 for the most expensive configurations and that thing drops in price faster then you can blink.

Frickin' sweet. I need to upgrade my cd-drive to blu ray, in addition to get a new primary hard drive (waiting for final Windows 7 though). Looks awesome! :woot:

If I were jealous perhaps. Being content with what you have is not a sin. Nice try.

I'm sure he apologises for doing what HE wants with HIS money and then posting about his new COMPUTER on a TECH forum. :blink: I don't think he's bragging at all, but I'm still jealous. :(

I hate when people brag about things. Pride is one of seven deadly sins you know...

I assume that he has no children/family to take care of or makes a ton of money to burn it away like that. Then he comes here with pictures to feed his ego.

LOL.. I don't understand why you are so bitter.

First of all. I'm not religious so the whole sin thing is pretty funny to me.

Second, I don't need to brag. It's a tech forum where everyone shares stuff about their computers. I've built something and just FYI I do this with every build and post the full process so people who are less experienced can see how it was built. I write the tutorial with photos on what I faced when building with these specific components.

You do come out sounding jealous and bitter a lot. I sold my old computer for $1000. Actually I got a bunch of offers and everyone said it was a great price. So again, I had issues with your comments because they were negative and dismissive of anything that's in the build because you personally wouldn't buy it.

And I have no need to fuel my ego on a forum where I know a lot of younger people with very little money are trying to post stuff up. I just share what I do and build as everyone else, not to make people feel bad. If I can help answering questions and giving advices I will.

If you knew my background and how I achieved things I have in life you would understand what I'm talking about, but I'm certainly not going to go into that with you.

Just cheer up dude. Being negatively jealous and a cynic is never a good thing in life.Just a friendly advice from someone who's in his 30s.

Edited by Boz

Nice system Boz, what you do with your money is your business. You'll probably find 90% of members on this forum have no wife and kids and are in a socially similar situation to you.

@Thirtythree: If you didn't have anything nice to say, why bother posting?

I'll say that Antec Twelve Hundred is great case to build in. It has great cable management and it's easy to hide them.

The mobo is great but V8 might cause a few issues if you are not careful because you have to turn the motherboard on the flipside to screw in the metal plate so it secures the weight of V8. Other then that it was very simple. ASUS board really surprised me how well it is design. The BIOS is incredibly detailed and it recognized everything flawlessly. All voltages, clocks, FSBs etc. It might be even overwhelming for people who are fairly new to building computers.

nice looking rig, is it a fairly noisey machine?

it looks like theres a lot of airflow in that case lol.

Surprisingly the computer is almost silent. The V8 is awesome. Cools great and it has a plate you mount to the back to adjust the speed. Very high quality and keeps the sound under 20db.

The fans themselves are silent to me. I don't really hear them at all. When it's all working I can feel a cool breeze inside the case. 1200 as I said is really good. I wish they had a bit more screw-less items but it's pretty good as is.

Sexy machine Boz.. Very similar setup to whats in my Wish List for July's build. :) Enjoy the 1200.. Its a very sexy case indeed.. Take advantage of the cable management behind the mobo tray! :) hehe..

Its very impressive, powerful but a lot expensive.

Well it's a lot cheaper then what higher end computers cost before.

Personally I can see that a LOT more people on Neowin are sporting this i7 and similar configurations. This was not the case a 2-3 years ago.

My top of the line computer I was selling was $4300. So basically this one at $2200 is within reach for people who have steady jobs. It is on expensive side considering you can get a machine for $1000 or less and still get solid performance but compared to previous components this one turned out to be acceptable.

@Thirtythree

Its called a build log. And its common among tech forums to post pictures of the parts and computer.

I don't know why you consider it "bragging".

I just got an Antec 902 - not built everything into it yet (waiting until after exams). Glad to hear that it has decent cable management and easy to build into. Some great pics of it in action as well - now I am even more excited to get my hands on it once these damn exams are over!

On second thoughts - I'm excited about a case :blink:

Anyway, fantastic build Boz - I'm not much of a poster on these forums, but just wanted to complement your new build and express my sheer jealousy :laugh: