Can a own goal be scored from a penalty kick?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_kick_(football)

An own goal may not be scored by the kicking team, although this would be almost impossible since the ball has to be kicked in a forward direction to be a valid penalty kick. If the ball were to wind up in the kicking team's goal (for example, if the kick were to ricochet off the defending team's goalpost, travel the length of the pitch, and go into the opposite goal), a corner kick would be awarded to the defending team. An own goal can result off a penalty if the defending goalkeeper (or another member of the defending side) were to deflect a stopped or errant shot into the defending team's goal.

Where in the FIFA's rules does it say this?

I would love to see a video of this actually happening. That would need to be some kick to bounce off the post all the way to the other end of the pitch....

Don't FA fules apply to 5-a-side leagues also - maybe this is what it refers to?

The 5-a-Side rules are very different from ordinary football. Personally i'd love to see something like this happen just for the pure amusement value. If anyone could kick a penalty hard enough to make it bounce the full length of a pitch off a goalpost they'd have to have huge kicking strength.

Didnt he already do it like.. last week? Disallowed it.

Wow, I've never seen someone with throw in power like that

Didnt he already do it like.. last week? Disallowed it.

I would like to see a video of that.

What about throw-ins? Can a goal be scored from a throw-in? It's only a matter of time before Rory Delap does it!

Can only score if someone else touches it from the throw-in, if it goes directly in it's not a goal, not sure what's given though :p

• 2 weeks later...
Especially when Fifa can't even sort out the offside rule. Swear down it changes every season. :s

Um no it doesnt. Refs were just doing it wrong.

It is not offside untill the player that is offside is involved in the play (eg, actually touches the ball)