Milan Ultras Leave Black Mark On Maldini Celebrations

After Roma had refused to follow the script by running out 3-2 winners on Maldini’s final day out at the San Siro, came another twist in the party celebrations, as the Curva Sud displayed a banner that was sure to spark controversy.

As the legendary captain did a final lap of honour after the game, the Milan Ultras displayed a large banner directed towards another legendary captain, Franco Baresi. Under a large number 6, the words “there is only one captain” were there for all to see.

At the same time, there were even some whistles from the same section of the stands in a display of unbelievable disrespect for a captain who has given a life of service to the Rossoneri.

As a sea of journalists hounded the legendary no.3 as he entered the San Siro car park, Maldini announced he would be present on the final day of the season away to Fiorentina.

Then, just as he was about to get in his car and drive away, he smiled and simply stated, “I’m proud because I’m not a person like these fans.”

As always, the Milan captain proved once again that he is as graceful off the field as he has been on it.

Its such a shame.. he was a hero of Milan and a great servant of world football who will be missed.. these ppl are just crazy :crazy:

Maldini is an icon of Milan.. whenever someone talks about AC Milan the first name that comes to mind is Paolo Maldini.. even Inter fans respect him..

Makes me wonder what will happen in Italy when the final of UCL is played between two non-Italian teams in Rome.. better to make your wills before you travel to Rome..

Edited by Kralik

Absolutely disgraceful.

Unfortunately, it is what you come to expect from Italian football fans. Although not all of them of course.

Yeah totally. Italian fans are known for this.