Roland Garros 2009

Hey,

I can't believe no one here is talking about the Roland Garros 2009!

What a hell of a tournament it has been...

Yesterday, the biggest upset since 10 years or so happened. Robin Soderling beat the world number 1 Rafael Nadal!

Also, Azarenka beat Ana Ivanovic (the women's defending champion).

Crazysah

I hope Federer wins it now, but he hasn't been playing with a lot of intensity, or focus it seems... very choppy play, maybe it's due to the conditions. Then again, he gets stronger as tournaments progess. I wonder if he'll feel more pressure now that Nadal is out. My argument against Federer is that it seems when he gets beat, he usually seems to beat himself... rather than the opponent doing anything other than showing up and playing hard (mental breakdowns imo), so that could occur now. Hopefully not, but it is something I'd look for in his first match after this big upset with Nadal gone.

On the other hand, I do find it funny that people were jumping on federer for having a difficult time this first week, but at least he's still in the tournament.

I think his whole mentality is going to change now since Nadal has been knocked out. Watch him in his next game and he will look oh so good!

^ simply incredible.

Federer has shown such grace and tenacity in the whole tournament. Remaining calm where others have failed. A truly deserving winner.

This was so impressive. Not just dealing with the pressure, but coming back from behind so often... you can argue that he should've never fallen so far behind in matches, but he really fought back throughout the tournament

Today was just domination. On part because the opponent was new to the atmosphere, but also... Roger was on his game today

I personally think Roger choked in Australia, but had he not done that against Nadal, I think he'd have a legitimate chance to win all 4 titles this year.

Hopefully he wins Wimbeldon and beats Pete Sampras's record. That would be a fitting way to do it. It started at Wimbeldon for Roger (beating Sampras), and he beats Sampras's record in Wimbeldon... full circle

pwnage

Nothing funny about that tbh he could of had a knife...it's happened before.

But he didn't have a knife, and as such, it was pretty funny.

Actually I think the funniest part of that ordeal was when the guy was floored by the suit :laugh:

-Spenser

Hahahah, its pretty awesome if you ask me

If it was something like Drogba getting that kind of treatment from a Liverpool fan you'd be the first to start whingeing about lack of class and what have you, so what makes this any more acceptable? The poor guy is just trying to play a game of tennis, being treated that way is bang out of order. Some people get very out of hand when it comes to sport and that kind of thing can be both dangerous and very scary.

Congrats to roger on his record equalling title, I would guess though that at some point before he retires that he would get a bit more satisfaction if he can take the title again and take out Nadal somewhere on the road.

If it was something like Drogba getting that kind of treatment from a Liverpool fan you'd be the first to start whingeing about lack of class and what have you, so what makes this any more acceptable? The poor guy is just trying to play a game of tennis, being treated that way is bang out of order. Some people get very out of hand when it comes to sport and that kind of thing can be both dangerous and very scary.

Congrats to roger on his record equalling title, I would guess though that at some point before he retires that he would get a bit more satisfaction if he can take the title again and take out Nadal somewhere on the road.

Oh snap pulling the Chelsea card. I would still laugh if it was drogba to be honest LOL.