iTunes 8.2.0

iTunes 8.2 now supports iPhone or iPod touch with the iPhone 3.0 Software Update. iTunes 8.2 also includes many accessibility improvements and bug fixes.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Download: via Apple Software Update.

If I look for updates in iTunes, it says that I have the latest version, I need to go to the full system update to get it... strange.

I wonder if the Pre still works with it ;)

Very good question.

If I look for updates in iTunes, it says that I have the latest version, I need to go to the full system update to get it... strange.

I have that, but only because I was running the pre-release version, heh.

I don't see anything about an Iphone OS 3.0 update on the site.. I'm downloading the iTunes update right now, we'll see!

Lol.. yeah, I'm sure somebody at apple's gotten hold of one now and the shipping code's been flashed to the devices.

Lets just hope that they have an update mechanism outside of iTunes if they have or else a bunch of customers could be left with non-syncing pres.

I can see 3.0 being released public any time now, the latest Beta has been very stable.

Oddly the last beta is the only one since B1 that's given me any real problems. My phone stability has been below average; sometimes I can't answer calls or make them.

So 3.0 is available?

3.0 isn't out... today. But if you're like me running OS3 beta5, this is the version of iTunes you can run it on. Previous running betas 4 & 5 required using iTunes 8.2 beta as well...

3.0 isn't out... today. But if you're like me running OS3 beta5, this is the version of iTunes you can run it on. Previous running betas 4 & 5 required using iTunes 8.2 beta as well...

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I am not a beta tester :( unless there's a way to get it on the phone w/o being a beta tester. :whistle:

I wonder if developers should update to the final 8.2 right now... People with the 8.2?10 aren't getting the update notice.

Bear in mind this update stops the current QuickPwn and PwnageTool from working, definitely on the Mac. More details on MuscleNerd's Twitter feed.

Thanks for the tip Rob. Once I read you said it stops them from working I hit Stop and Apple Updater crashes :p

I used to have Beta 5 (offical dev) but since I cant jb my iPod Touch 2nd gen, I went back to 2.2.1 :(

Now I can't leech off the schools intranet, haha.

Can't wait till 3.0 comes out. It will be a happy day, especially when the 2g jailbreak for 3.0 comes out :D