So, rate em, who won E3 this year?

Who won E3?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Who won E3?

• Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sony

My opinion on the whole Natal vs. Sony motion debate I think that Natal (recorded) presentation was amazing, but the live presentation was lacking in comparison with the live presentation Sony made with the motion + eyetoy. Natal was mostly a concept (for the future), while Sony was very real. I could just make a video showing cool stuff, but showing the real stuff sealed the deal for me.

My opinion on the whole Natal vs. Sony motion debate I think that Natal (recorded) presentation was amazing, but the live presentation was lacking in comparison with the live presentation Sony made with the motion + eyetoy. Natal was mostly a concept (for the future), while Sony was very real. I could just make a video showing cool stuff, but showing the real stuff sealed the deal for me.

Everything you saw during the conference regarding Natal wasn't concept. Yes, they did record a few pieces for playback during the show but that certainly beats watching two unprepared developers fumble with words. There's plenty of articles and impressions around various gaming sites confirming everything we saw is up, running and working well.

But yeah, the capabilities of Sony's Motion Thingy ( What is the name for it? ) does look very impressive as well and based on a simple concept.

It seems people don't want to read properly what I say ;) . I'm not saying netflix equals blu-ray. I'm just saying people who come to watch movies don't really care. Netflix HD is much better then DVD or SD and people just don't see the difference because they don't care. Now take in consideration that microsoft 1080p instant HD should look much better then netflix and it will be even less relevant.

And bob_c Dolby digital is true 5.1. I don't know what ur talking about.

From their own site:

In thousands of cinemas and millions of homes worldwide, Dolby Digital is the reigning standard for surround sound technology in general and 5.1-channel surround sound in particular.
Edited by Boz

It seems people don't want to read properly what I say ;) . I'm not saying netflix equals blu-ray. I'm just saying people who come to watch movies don't really care. Netflix HD is much better then DVD or SD and people just don't see the difference because they don't care. Now take in consideration that microsoft 1080p instant HD should look much better then netflix and it will be even less relevant.

And bob_c Dolby digital is true 5.1. I don't know what ur talking about.

From their own site:

Ooops, my bad, meant Dolbly Pro Logic but really my amp is doing the work since the NetFlix blog even states...

Stereo Audio

Today, we cannot use WMDRM to deliver AC3 or DD+ audio, which means that only stereo (delivered via WMA) is available. PCs and Macs decode the WMA, and CE players also transcode to PCM for digital connections to receivers. We could technically include multichannel audio using WMAPro, but essentially no receivers are actually capable of decoding that. We are working on solutions to deliver multichannel audio for all the streams where we have suitable source, but this won't happen in 2008 for sure.

That said, this looks like it will improve with the Silverlight client but there is no time table so we keep waiting for better audio.

And people do care, maybe just not the people you know. I didn't say I don't like streaming, but it is a supplement for HD viewing, not a goal state.