NBA Finals 2009

I just realized there's no thread for NBA Finals, how sad is that? I just got into NBA this season and so far, it's been an amazing journey. Living in LA, I think I'm the next big Laker fan!

It seems like its going to be a good final, however I was expecting Cleveland head on head with Lakers (LeBron v/s Kobe, oh well)

Lakers barely saved their butts this last game, what do you guys think about the the 3rd game?

Love this series. Magic are tough. I was surprised Shaq is rooting against Howard and the magic... thought he'd bet against Kobe.

I think Shaq and van gundy and howard had some bad history.

I like the Lakers but Magic can come back against history and win - they have good shooters better than lakers.

I'm actually not surprised Shaq is rooting against Howard. He throws everyone under the bus sooner or later. Remember how he was impressed with him and suggested that the only Howard would become dominant is if they traded Steve Francis. And now that Howard is becoming (sort of) dominant, at least against any other team but the Lakers, Shaq feels his legacy is threatened.

He'd rather have Kobe win than have Howard get Orlando it's first championship, WHICH Shaq FAILED to do.

But yea, Game 1 was fun because the Lakers pummeled them, but game 2 was even more fun because it was a close game. I was hoping Kobe would pass it to Ariza. It would have been like a Jordan moment when he passed it to Steve Kerr. I think if Kobe passed it to Ariza, it would have been game over from there! Luckily that rookie, Lee, missed! I bet Kobe was getting ready to **** his pants, I know I was about to!

I love the Lakers and the last thing we needed was a heart break. Kobe messed up on that play, he should not have let him go that easily. He should have known a screen was coming.

Yeah, I think Ariza is an amazing player. Don't like Kobe as much - he is a good player but there is something about him that doesn't really attract to me, oh well. Ariza has shown a really good performance throughout the playoffs and I actually like him. Odom played pretty well the 2nd game as well.

I don't see why Shaq is talking crap, that guy does not even bend for the ball, seriously!

The Magic have been the most underrated team for the whole playoffs. Next 3 games are here so I hope they can pump it up!

It'll be exciting to say the least.

I've been pulling for the Magic since they upset Cleveland in Game 1. Before then, Cleveland was who I thought would win it all, but then they went up against a hungry Magic team, which had a pretty good series against the Celtics, who came off a simply incredible series with the Bulls.

It'll be exciting to say the least.

I've been pulling for the Magic since they upset Cleveland in Game 1. Before then, Cleveland was who I thought would win it all, but then they went up against a hungry Magic team, which had a pretty good series against the Celtics, who came off a simply incredible series with the Bulls.

Yeah I've been a Magic fan since i was 3 when we moved to Florida. I am originally from Chicago so I grew up wearing bulls/magic jerseys. I chose Cleveland when the season started to win it all but never gave up hope on the magic so the last series was pretty epic.

i agree the magic are underrated... game 2 was close and magic beat the lakers 2-0 in the regular season

Shaq is right about that one Van gundy is pretty exciteable and irritating

I thought the Cavaliers was the best team afterall they had the best record and magic beating them quite handily in 6 says something about the magic

I thought the Cavaliers was the best team afterall they had the best record and magic beating them quite handily in 6 says something about the magic

The Magic literally came within a second of winning in a 4-0 sweep, which is surprising.

I had to miss the game today and Lakers lost! I have a strong feeling Lakers are going to take without a doubt.

A friend of mine were having a conversation about how Huston dragged Lakers all the way to the 7th game - do you guys believe NBA fixes that? Because to me - it makes perfect sense to get advertising revenue and NBA ratings up. I don't see why Lakers would go upto 7 games without Minh!

I had to miss the game today and Lakers lost! I have a strong feeling Lakers are going to take without a doubt.

A friend of mine were having a conversation about how Huston dragged Lakers all the way to the 7th game - do you guys believe NBA fixes that? Because to me - it makes perfect sense to get advertising revenue and NBA ratings up. I don't see why Lakers would go upto 7 games without Minh!

No possible way.

May I remind you of the Heat going down 2-0 in their series only to come back and win 4 in a row. The Magic can do that as well :)

I realized is Shaq underlying beef with Howard to do with the Superman monicker... I cant remember where another athlete would take on the same nickname as another espcially coming from the same team.. I cant think of any precedent off the top of my head

Can you imagine someone else taking on the Air monicker as Michael Jordan.... that's a bit of an insult

But i can see how superman is very appropriate for Howard more so than shaquille cause Howard is all around more athletic (7 footer winning slam dunk contest) and his stature and physique is more like a bodybuilder or man of steel

comments? is Howard right to copy O'neals superman tag especially since if you have watched MTV cribs Shaq's has inscribed superman throughout his house from the shape of his bed to insignias in his cars among other things

I realized is Shaq underlying beef with Howard to do with the Superman monicker... I cant remember where another athlete would take on the same nickname as another espcially coming from the same team.. I cant think of any precedent off the top of my head

Can you imagine someone else taking on the Air monicker as Michael Jordan.... that's a bit of an insult

But i can see how superman is very appropriate for Howard more so than shaquille cause Howard is all around more athletic (7 footer winning slam dunk contest) and his stature and physique is more like a bodybuilder or man of steel

comments? is Howard right to copy O'neals superman tag especially since if you have watched MTV cribs Shaq's has inscribed superman throughout his house from the shape of his bed to insignias in his cars among other things

He didnt copy it. Rashard Lewis started calling him it a few years ago and then Patrick Ewing started too as well. The whole team started calling him it and he still has said publicly that he had no intent to steal Shaq's nickname and that Shaq is the true superman. To be honest I don't think its a big deal lol

After last game, I lost all faith in the Magic. Lakers will win the championship, guaranteed.

Yeah, I can't believe they blew their momentum.

YES! The Lakers won. I actually love the Rockets, but at the end of the day, I love basketball even more. I thought the Cavs had too much hype. Easy conference along with a easy playoff run. Plus, by forcing James to shoot, the Magic solved the Cavs instantly. Lol. The Magic were tested over and over by the Sixers and the Celtics and it paid off vs. the Cavs. At the level the Lakers were playing - no one would have beat them (well, maybe the Rockets if Ming didn't go down).

Kobe is still the best player in basketball. Period. He got the MVP last year, Gold Medal over the summer, the championship this year along with the MVP.

YES! The Lakers won. I actually love the Rockets, but at the end of the day, I love basketball even more. I thought the Cavs had too much hype. Easy conference along with a easy playoff run. Plus, by forcing James to shoot, the Magic solved the Cavs instantly. Lol. The Magic were tested over and over by the Sixers and the Celtics and it paid off vs. the Cavs. At the level the Lakers were playing - no one would have beat them (well, maybe the Rockets if Ming didn't go down).

Kobe is still the best player in basketball. Period. He got the MVP last year, Gold Medal over the summer, the championship this year along with the MVP.

i insist that a healthy and tough Tracy would make houston more close to the champion , which disappointedly didnt happen