GoToAssist Express Video Review HD

I heard Leo Talk about GoToAssist Express as an advertiser on his security now podcast last week. So I signed up for a free 30 day trial. I was so impressed with it I thought I would do a video review for everyone here on neowin. The video is HD so if you have the bandwidth when you are watching it click the "HD" Button then click full screen.

Just to give you guys an update. After the review and my 30 day free trial ran out, I bought it on a month per month basis for about 2 months. Then I paid for 1 entire year which is a pretty good discount. I can say i've been using it now for the past 7 months and I am in love with this program. It makes my life as a computer repair tech so easy. It saves me travel and allows me to help people in some cases immediately. Plus those same people save travel costs. I'll be renewing it for another year when it comes due.

Edited by warwagon

I'm very interested in using something like this for helping my friends and family. The advantages over my free service (LogMeIn) are oustanding, but what can I expect, it's free.

Thanks for the review.

I'm very interested in using something like this for helping my friends and family. The advantages over my free service (LogMeIn) are oustanding, but what can I expect, it's free.

Thanks for the review.

Me too, but I'd only use the free trial. The monthly plan is $69.00/month which comes to $828/year. They offer an annual plan for $660/year which is still expensive.

Anyway, thank for the review warwagon. It seems like a great tool to use when you're fixing someone's computer from afar.

Me too, but I'd only use the free trial. The monthly plan is $69.00/month which comes to $828/year. They offer an annual plan for $660/year which is still expensive.

Anyway, thank for the review warwagon. It seems like a great tool to use when you're fixing someone's computer from afar.

Yikes! I had no clue it was that expensive. I'll definitely be sticking with LogMeIn for now. It was still nice to see how the other easy the other side of computer fixing could be though.

Yikes! I had no clue it was that expensive. I'll definitely be sticking with LogMeIn for now. It was still nice to see how the other easy the other side of computer fixing could be though.

It sucks. As warwagon said, this is good for people that are in the business of helping other people with computer-related issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just to give you guys an update. After the review and my 30 day free trial ran out, I bought it on a month per month basis for about 2 months. Then I paid for 1 entire year which is a pretty good discount. I can say i've been using it now for the past 7 months and I am in love with this program. It makes my life as a computer repair tech so easy. It saves me travel and allows me to help people in some cases immediately. Plus those same people save travel costs. I'll be renewing it for another year when it comes due.

I heard Leo Talk about GoToAssist Express as an advertiser on his security now podcast last week. So I signed up for a free 30 day trial. I was so impressed with it I thought I would do a video review for everyone here on neowin. The video is HD so if you have the bandwidth when you are watching it click the "HD" Button then click full screen.

No offense dude, but you could save some money and just use Teamviewer 5.0. It is 100% free and does just about everything that does and more and it doesn't cost you a dime.

www.teamviewer.com

No offense dude, but you could save some money and just use Teamviewer 5.0. It is 100% free and does just about everything that does and more and it doesn't cost you a dime.

www.teamviewer.com

Yep I agree. That is what I use to use. Problem with that is after you've done so many differnet support session it starts to get suspicious. When you connect to a client it says something about how it thinks you are using it for comerial use. It then disconnects you every few mins from the support session. Then you have to wait 1 or 3 mins can't remember which before you can reconnect.

Yep I agree. That is what I use to use. Problem with that is after you've done so many differnet support session it starts to get suspicious. When you connect to a client it says something about how it thinks you are using it for comerial use. It then disconnects you every few mins from the support session. Then you have to wait 1 or 3 mins can't remember which before you can reconnect.

I see...Never noticed that. I guess maybe because I hardly use it. Interesting.

LOL

So much for "Free Use" !

Yep, the only "Free' method is a combination of Hamachi + VNC. Even that probably isn't legal using it in the setting i'm in. Though that is what I used for about a year. It didn't work so bad if I would install and setup it up while at their house for future use. What was a real bitch was configuring it while at my house. Sometimes I would have them install teamviewer so I could connect with them just long enough to get hamachi and vnc configured. Then I would reconnect to them through that. It was a pain in the ass. Gotoassist Express in that regard has been a breath of fresh air. You point them to www.fastsupport.com have them enter their name and a one time support key (or you can email it to them). After about 1 min are you are connect to them. What's also really nice is that you can configure it to stay installed on their system when you disconnect from the session. So next time you say "Hey, can you double click on the gotoassist icon on the desktop. They do, you give them the new key and now within 10 seconds you are connected to them.

I pay $55 per month (if I pay for the whole year). Last month I made $509 doing remote assistance using GotoAssist Express. So it pays for itself.

Edited by warwagon

Yep, the only "Free' method is a combination of Hamachi + VNC. Even that probably isn't legal using it in the setting i'm in. Though that is what I used for about a year. It didn't work so bad if I would install and setup it up while at their house for future use. What was a real bitch was configuring it while at my house. Sometimes I would have them install teamviewer so I could connect with them just long enough to get hamachi and vnc configured. Then I would reconnect to them through that. It was a pain in the ass. Gotoassist Express in that regard has been a breath of fresh air. You point them to www.fastsupport.com have them enter their name and a one time support key (or you can email it to them). After about 1 min are you are connect to them. What's also really nice is that you can configure it to stay installed on their system when you disconnect from the session. So next time you say "Hey, can you double click on the gotoassist icon on the desktop. They do, you give them the new key and now within 10 seconds you are connected to them.

I pay $55 per month (if I pay for the whole year). Last month I made $509 doing remote assistance using GotoAssist Express. So it pays for itself.

Yeah that is not bad if you are making $$$ out of it. Me, I use it maybe once or twice every 3 months...LOL...So gotoassist would be a waste for me, but it does look like a great product.