Speaker setup for a shop

My boss has appointed me the task of choosing them the speakers for their new store opening next week. (It's a homeware/trinkets etc. store)

It's not a big store, I'll get the measurements tomorrow. Music will be played through an ipod, is my best bet computer type speakers or like a full on home entertainment system. Money isn't a problem i'm just trying to find out how much it will cost.

I was thinking maybe a 4-8 speakers around the room where the wall meets the roof so possible wireless would be good.

I really know nothing about speaker systems, so thanks in advance

That would really depend on what is available in the NZ market, and or if you are willing to have items imported as I am not fluent in your countries audio market.

Okay what kind of setup would be best at least? The shop is 40 square meters. I went to two stores today and got two completely different opinions.

First store said i'd be best with a stereo system and just have two speakers at first and if not loud enough add another two. He used a Panasonic scpm38gnk system as an example.

Second store said that a home theater setup would be best and showed me the Panasonic scpt460gnk, it's 5.1 and I personally think it would be best but I am just wondering if the 4/5 speakers will put out enough sound to be heard evenly around the store?

We wont be importing as my boss is not that worried about getting an amazing deal/top of the line equipment they just want an acceptable sound throughout the store and we need to buy it in the next few days. Cheers.

Have you tried contacting the sorts of business that actually do commercial audio installments?

430 sq ft (40m^2) is probably big enough that no home theater "setup" the type intended to work in 12m^2 rooms isn't going to work "properly."

Where will you be mounting the speakers? On the ceiling? near the ceiling? In the ceiling? How high is the ceiling? Do the speakers need to be concealed or doesn't it matter? What will you do with the speaker wire?

How loud does it need to be? Trendy clothing store loud or gentle background noise loud? What kind of store is this? Is this a hair salon where you'll be having empty space in the middle of the room and tile floors and mirrors everywhere (i.e. audio reflections galore) or is it a clothing store with racks of clothing everywhere and carpeted floors (audio absorption galore!)? Are you knowledgeable in how to properly set up an EQ?

These are all important considerations and probably not something a cheese-eating Best Buy saleman is going to bother trying to consider as he tries to get you out the door with product.

Edited by shakey_snake

They will be on the ceiling, does not matter if they are visible. Definitely a gentle background noise. It sells photo frames, platters, trendy alarm clocks, knickknacks for the house kinda stuff. I will be extending the wires and probably either running them through the walls or just having them tucked away behind the displays etc. Where do I look for professional setups?