Zoom Player Classix 10K

This is a Zoom Player 3 skin based on the original Classix 10k Windows theme created by gigatexel, bant and saintdark. Thank you guys for creating such a wonderful theme and thanks to all involved in creating it. The Neowin thread for the original Windows theme is here.

The skinpack includes Blue, Ergonomic, Dark Green, Carbon, Red, Lime and Ergonomic - Bant's mod color variations. Please comment all bugs/missing features as this is my first skin ever.

Update May-21-2003:

- Added Ergonomic - Bant's mod skin

- Added double state buttons

- Added Mute button

- Fixed some skin bugs

Please note that you need the font file from the zip isntalled for the skin to work properly. It usually is already installed if you have the C10k windows skin.

(REUPLOADED)

ZoomPlayerC10k.zip.zip

Edited by egalitarian

That's good. I wasn't sure about some colors and used common sense. Too bad that Zoom Player skin format doesn't allow some things to be skinned properly, e.g. the scroll bars(you cannot skin the up and down arrow) and the selected text in the playlist (the currently playing clip has just one color setting wether its selected or not).

Umm... what are your intentions??? to provide extended purpose of Gigatexel's "classix 10K" skin OR to claim Gigatexel's work?

Either way, you should mention and give credit to his work... A readme.txt file within the *.zip would suffice... would it not?

Umm... what are your intentions??? to provide extended purpose of Gigatexel's "classix 10K" skin OR to claim? Gigatexel's work?

Either way, you should mention and give credit to his work...? A readme.txt file within the *.zip would suffice... would it not?

Don't be so rud:no:o: . Offcourse I asked permission from gigatexel before releasing and he didn't mention anything about readme or something. As this is my first skin ever I don't know how the things go. If you open the skin you'll find his name along with the other creators of Classix10k just below the title of the skin. I don't need to claim anybody's work beleive me:huh:h: I've done it for myself and just thought that it will be good to share it with others. I'll add a readme if that's the way it should be. Again be sure to open the skin and check for credits before you post another stupid accusation:crazy:y: I've never mentioned MY name in the skin but the creators of C10K even thou it took me a week to coplete it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Update May-21-2003:

- Added Ergonomic - Bant's mod skin

- Added double state buttons

- Added Mute button

- Fixed some skin bugs

thanks for this zp mod. looks very good

greetings

Thanks for the nice words :cool:.

Too bad I found a bug shortly after posting. File updated... Sorry guys.

This is excellent, egalitarian. It's good to see a nice, simple, easy-on-the-eyes, skin for Zoom Player. The other ones I've seen lately have been too complicated for my tastes.

Just one thing I'd like to recommend, if I may. You use the eject button to open files. Maybe this should be changed.

Edited by Acura Man

Sure, I'm open for suggestions. I made it this way cause I found it most useful for me and it's similar to Winamp's eject button. What do you want it to do?

I'm sorry, I probably didn't explain that correctly. I was referring to the button that is to the right of the Back, Play, Start, and Forward buttons. It looks like the eject button symbol (with the symbol of an upward facing arrow with a line under it), but you used it as the button to open files. I am just used to seeing that as the eject button symbol. I know this is an insignificant thing. I just was wondering if you noticed that or not.

Yes, I understand you perfectly. In winamp which is a sample of clean interface and usability an eject symbol is used to open files too. That was my point. It could be changed ofcourse but I simply couldn't think of something better.

Yeah, sure I'm working on it. But right now I'm busy with Yet Another C10k Winamp skin :)

post-45-1053955925.ibf

post-45-1053955925.ibf

post-45-1053955925.ibf

Edited by egalitarian

Thanks. There are a couple of winamp skins already done, so I don't know if I should relese this. If there are a positive replies I'll get permission from giga and then I'll do all released C10k color variations (including 2.0).. So post your opinions (even that this is a ZP thread :) )

• 3 weeks later...