Updates were not configured Correctly... Reverting Changes

So I am trying to do Windows Update in Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 and when the updates are finished installing it asks for a computer restart.

Before Windows shut down the message "Configuring Updates Step X to 3, Do not turn off your computer" comes in then it restarts and then it says again Configuring Updates but I have to wait for 20 mins at least then it restarts again and the message "Updates were not configured Correctly... Reverting Changes comes in...

This is the first time that I have installed Windows Vista and they are already much frustrating...

How do I Install Windows Updates correctly? Is there anything wrong I Do?

System Specs:

Tower: CoolerMaster Cosmos RC-1000 Case (RC-1000-KSN1-GP)

PSU: CoolerMaster M850 Real Power Modular PSU (850W)

CPU: Intel Core I7-920 (s1366, 2.66 GHz, Cache 8MB, Tray)

CPU Cooler:CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)

M/B: DFI UT X58-T3eH8 (s1366, X58, DDR3)

RAM: OCZ Intel i7 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (PC3-12800, 8-8-8-24, Triple Channel, OCZ3X1600LV

SSD: Adata 80GB X25-M SSD By Intel 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD (7200 rpm, Sata 2, WD1001FALS)

VGA: Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1GB

Thanks

Vista updates suck!!

Every computer I've ever touched with Vista on it, has ended up saying not all updates were installed and have had to install time and time again, and usually still doesn't install them.

Half the reason I've blown Vista off so many computers for other people. The only pieces of software ever written so poorly, as far as user friendly and unefficient, as Vista's, is AOHELL's, Norton's, and McAfees!! All 4 of those should be outlawed!!

Vista updates suck!!

Every computer I've ever touched with Vista on it, has ended up saying not all updates were installed and have had to install time and time again, and usually still doesn't install them.

Half the reason I've blown Vista off so many computers for other people. The only pieces of software ever written so poorly, as far as user friendly and unefficient, as Vista's, is AOHELL's, Norton's, and McAfees!! All 4 of those should be outlawed!!

You're obviously doing something very wrong with your setups - I've installed Vista on a half dozen PCs with no issues what-so-ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Problem Fixed.

Installing few updates at a time resolved the problem

I even installed SP2 hoorray!

Did you have to format and reload windows?