Xbox360 functions great but no video

I have the Pro 20GB Xbox360 manufactured 11 November 2007. I was playing Halo 3 Multiplayer. It was great and while I waited for the next match, I went to the toliet. When I came back, I found the screen was flickering all over. Changing lines of colour.

A video cable problem I supposed so I went to check the cable. It was fine. I have not even touched the cable for weeks. I twisted the plugs around and it was fine until I got into a match on Vanilla (halo 3 match), the screen had a green hue to it so I turned the Xbox360 off and waited a minute.

During this, I noticed the power light on the front flashed twice slowly. I then turned it back on but my TV stayed on the blue logo screen (meaning it is waiting for a signal from the Yellow-White-Red port. I see my Xbox360 load as normal but the screen is still on blue.

I tried it on my computer monitor. Nup. The monitor cycled through VGA and DVI ports looking for a signal.

What do I do from here? Do I send it to MS to get fixed?

definitely the GPU, lines, mesh and flicker are the telltale signs. If you leave her on long enough, you'll get the RROD. This is what you tell MS. This is what they want to hear. Do you understand?

definitely the GPU, lines, mesh and flicker are the telltale signs. If you leave her on long enough, you'll get the RROD. This is what you tell MS. This is what they want to hear. Do you understand?

Do exactly this if you only have the RRoD warranty left. I had the exact same thing happen to mine at the beginning of the year and I was out of the standard warranty period.

I was determined not to have to pay for the repair, so I persevered with the dodgy graphics and played as much as I could still (annoying as hell as it completely cuts off at times but it's worth it) then low and behold a week later it had completely died and gave a permanent RRoD.

I got her repaired (on my 4th one now) and she's fine aside from I have to occasionally fight with the disc tray to get it to open as it seems to be slightly misaligned.

yes, they go into the red lights sooner or later after the GPU starts acting up. Basically, MS has a don't ask don't tell policy, like the military. just sign the dotted line and get yer replacement...

Whoa sorry forgot to report back.

But yeah I called them last week and the say they will fix it for free and even ship it back to me for free:D I posted it this Monday morning.

Do they have anyway to track where my 360 is now?.

Whoa sorry forgot to report back.

But yeah I called them last week and the say they will fix it for free and even ship it back to me for free:D I posted it this Monday morning.

Do they have anyway to track where my 360 is now?.

You can track your 360's service progress on the Xbox.com website (you've registered your serial number right?). You should have the tracking number from the shipment as well from when you dropped it off at the shipping center.

I didn't get any shipping number. I simply dropped it off at the post office without paying or signing anything, since MS pays for it (Reply Paid postage).

Yep I registered when I was on the phone so I could book the 360 into repair service.

Ahhh found the tracking service. They still waiting for my 360 to arrive lol.

Edited by ozgeek