Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

I hate tottenham,I've always hated them,and I hate them even more because I know they'll bend over for Man Utd next week.

Man Utd last season were 2-0 down to Spurs at half time.

At full time it was 5-2 to Man Utd.

FML.

what a crock...that was a clear penalty to Wigan! and just so the world is always going for top 3 Arsenal go and score :pinch:

Arsenal does it again just like last season. The team ALWAYS starts out strong at the beginning of the season and then loses to lower ranked clubs at the of the season. This consistent failure is quite upsetting. :(

I was working on saturday, I fraking HATE working on saturday, I miss all the action. Anyway, I was on the phone with my brother every five minutes to check on the game. I was so happy when he tells me we won, and Scholes scores! And even more happy when I get home to see Chelsea had lost. We're back in, now we need to win every games and whish, for once, that Liverpool win. Against Chelsea.

Like I said after the defeat against them, this isn't over.

If Rafa is under pressure to back sacked, then surely Arsene should be? Especially considering in the five years since Benitez has been at Liverpool, he has achieved more than Wenger.

... but... but... Arsenal have a young squad and play pretty football ;)?

Media conspiracy.

If Rafa is under pressure to back sacked, then surely Arsene should be? Especially considering in the five years since Benitez has been at Liverpool, he has achieved more than Wenger.

... but... but... Arsenal have a young squad and play pretty football ;)?

Media conspiracy.

No.. coz Arsenal is finishing third and almost challenged for the title but injuries and lack of depth in our squad ruined another season.. we also got to the quarter finals for the UCL whereas you fell at the first hurdle.. Arsene has the money and is saying (finally) he'll be busy this summer.. whereas Rafa has the bad luck of being at a club that cannot afford any big transfers.. so he might quit himself if the club can't give him money to buy who he needs...

You are talking 2 completely different styles of managing.. Arsene is too hands-off. Benitez is too scientific.. and even odd with his rotation..

Our squad has made great progress... Vermaelen has been a revelation.. Song has been fanstactic.. Theo is getting better.. Ramsey is becoming stronger.. Cesc doesnt look like he's just 22.. Nasri and others have been superb in spells.. but we lost crucial players at wrong times most noticeably the first touch and finishing of RvP.. but Wenger is still on thin ice.. if he doesnt buy this summer and doesnt sell that clown who's our number 1.. and buy a proper GK I'll be the first one to ask him to retire.. I want Akinfeev in our jersey next summer..

No.. coz Arsenal is finishing third and almost challenged for the title but injuries and lack of depth in our squad ruined another season.. we also got to the quarter finals for the UCL whereas you fell at the first hurdle.. Arsene has the money and is saying (finally) he'll be busy this summer.. whereas Rafa has the bad luck of being at a club that cannot afford any big transfers.. so he might quit himself if the club can't give him money to buy who he needs...

You are talking 2 completely different styles of managing.. Arsene is too hands-off. Benitez is too scientific.. and even odd with his rotation..

Our squad has made great progress... Vermaelen has been a revelation.. Song has been fanstactic.. Theo is getting better.. Ramsey is becoming stronger.. Cesc doesnt look like he's just 22.. Nasri and others have been superb in spells.. but we lost crucial players at wrong times most noticeably the first touch and finishing of RvP.. but Wenger is still on thin ice.. if he doesnt buy this summer and doesnt sell that clown who's our number 1.. and buy a proper GK I'll be the first one to ask him to retire.. I want Akinfeev in our jersey next summer..

My point was more about the media's perception of failure.

If Rafa is under pressure, then Wenger should also be under pressure.

Btw nice win for the Reds.. I feel its a lil too late as there are too few games and City and Spurs are too far ahead.. but do everyone a favour and beat Chelsea shifty.gif

Don't worry Rappy.. Zola'll save you from relegation)

I guess Wenger gets a bit of slack for overseeing the move to a new ground and dealing with the costs involved.

Since Viera and Henry and then Lehmann left there has been lack of a real leader.. Cesc is starting to become that now.. but Wenger needs to be more involved when the guys are out there.. he is not issuing many instructions like Rafa and Mourinho do.. we need that till we produce a leader on the pitch..

I pray to God that no one buys us out.. sell fans some shares to stop a takeover Arsenal!

Since Viera and Henry and then Lehmann left there has been lack of a real leader.. Cesc is starting to become that now.. but Wenger needs to be more involved when the guys are out there.. he is not issuing many instructions like Rafa and Mourinho do.. we need that till we produce a leader on the pitch..

I pray to God that no one buys us out.. sell fans some shares to stop a takeover Arsenal!

Doesn't Kroenke need like a few shares to trigger a takeover?

Doesn't Kroenke need like a few shares to trigger a takeover?

Yeah he does.. he's at 29.98% and Usmanov has 26.3%.. we should sell the remaining shares to fans none of these 2 can get their hands on them.. unsure.gif

Portsmouth administrators reveal club debts of ?120m

Portsmouth's administrators have revealed the relegated Premier League club's debts are close to ?120m.

A letter published on the administrator's website reveals exactly what is owed, including players' wages, transfer fees and unpaid taxes.

Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to enter administration earlier this year, with debts reported to be between ?60-?70m.

However, an updated figure reveals the actual debt to be close to double that.

The detailed letter, sent to all Portsmouth's known creditors, reveals almost ?38m is owed to former owners while more than ?9m is due to 15 agents.

Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou has revealed Pini Zahavi, who helped facilitate the separate takeovers of the club by French businessman Alexandre Gaydamak and Ali Al-Faraj, has claimed for ?2m while another agent is owed ?2.3m for one deal alone.

Andronikou initially predicted the club debt would reach ?85m but has since suggested it would be closer to ?100m.

The administrator needs at least 75% of the unsecured creditor base to agree to a Company Voluntary Arrangement that would see all of the club's debts settled at a reduced rate over the coming years.

If Andronikou does not manage to win the agreement of that percentage of the creditor base, it is unlikely he will meet his target of getting Portsmouth out of administration in the first week of June.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore told the BBC the club only have themselves to blame for their financial situation.

Money distributed by the Premier League from the sale of television rights overseas is shared evenly between the 20 clubs - unlike domestic revenue - and Scudamore reckons this guaranteed income means there is no excuse for going into administration.

"You cannot possibly link the distribution of our income to Portsmouth's woes," he told BBC 5 live.

"All the money is distributed evenly, so Wigan and Burnley this season will have earned as much international television exposure as Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"That's an important redistribution mechanism - and that's what stands us out from the other leagues in Europe, particularly the Spanish.

"Back in January I said that if a club enters administration while in the Premier League then it would be down to bad management of the club, and it is.

"You can't actually say it's about the way we redistribute out money that has caused Portsmouth's problems.

"If you start the season knowing you're going to get between ?30m and ?50m from the Premier League throughout the year it is entirely possible to organise yourself so you don't get into the difficulties that Pompey have got into."

Source: BBC