Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Crouch wanted to play, and Torres is the number 1 striker. We also needed the money.

Xabi Alonso wanted to go back to Spain.

Just watch how our club falls even further...

unless they go to down to the coca cola league, it can't get any worse. unless your top 4, get out of here...

unless they go to down to the coca cola league, it can't get any worse. unless your top 4, get out of here...

The club is in debt and that will show more now there's no money coming in from the Champions League.

There has been no investment in the playing squad for the past two years now (we have made a profit in the transfer market during those two years). This has caused us to drop out of the 'top 4'. We won't get back into the Champions League without investment - Rafa was already punching above his weight with the players and resources he had at his disposal.

There is less money coming in now but the debt is still growing month on month. We are paying £200,000 A DAY in interest. More players will be sold. We will slide further down the table. The club will be asset stripped (Melwood, players etc). The banks want their money back.

Will you still support us when we are relegated?

Will you still support us when we are relegated?

get off your high horse bud, just because my opinion is different from yours about the squad doesn't make you any bigger of a fan then me... just because i think they are embarrassing doesn't mean im jumping ship.

crouch didn't get playing time cause rafa's an idiot and wouldn't give it to him the playing time.

alonso left because rafa was trying to sell him before and he found out about it.

****'em, im glad we got hodgson now.

get off your high horse bud, just because my opinion is different from yours about the squad doesn't make you any bigger of a fan then me... just because i think they are embarrassing doesn't mean im jumping ****.

crouch didn't get playing time cause rafa's an idiot and wouldn't give it to him the playing time.

alonso left because rafa was trying to sell him before and he found out about it.

You might be getting Hypia coming back as a coach soon..

Roy Hodgson has said it is imperative that Liverpool's co-owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, sell the club this summer even though a takeover could affect his own position at Anfield.

The new Liverpool manager spoke to the Americans in a brief conference call on Wednesday night and, at his official unveiling the following day, promised to avoid the ownership issues that have blighted the club and the reign of his predecessor, Rafael Benítez, in recent years. Nevertheless, at a time when the Liverpool futures of Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano are all uncertain, and with only limited funds available for squad rebuilding, Hodgson believes the prospects of recovery are inextricably linked to the timing of Hicks's and Gillett's departure.

Asked if he wanted the club to change hands at the earliest opportunity, the 62-year-old said: "Absolutely. That is what all the fans want. They want new ownership, maybe in the way Manchester City found new ownership. I don't know whether that would be a possibility but I can understand the fans wanting that. The fans want the best for Liverpool Football Club. They want the best players and the best quality football, and they know the only way to get that is to have the quality of players on the pitch and they cost money."

get off your high horse bud, just because my opinion is different from yours about the squad doesn't make you any bigger of a fan then me... just because i think they are embarrassing doesn't mean im jumping ship.

No high horse involved - it was actually a genuine question. Example: most overseas fans who supported Leeds United (who?) are now long gone.

As for not playing Crouch. I am sure you know that we utilised a 4-2-3-1 system under Rafa, a system which brought us great success up until last season. Yes 4-2-3-ONE. Which gave us a choice between Torres and Crouch up front. It's simple really isn't it?

Alonso wanted to go back to Spain, and bar his first and last seasons at Liverpool had been nothing more than average. In the summer of 2008 (when we first tried to sell Alonso), we had no money. English player quota's were being brought in, so Rafa decided to sell a player who had been average for the last three seasons and buy a player who had been playing well and was English. We had to sell to buy because of the Americans - just like we do now.

Rafael Benitez was the closest we had to Bill Shankly since the man himself. You may think he is an 'idiot', but how many European Cups, FA Cups, UEFA Cups and league titles have you won my friend?

No high horse involved - it was actually a genuine question. Example: most overseas fans who supported Leeds United (who?) are now long gone.

As for not playing Crouch. I am sure you know that we utilised a 4-2-3-1 system under Rafa, a system which brought us great success up until last season. Yes 4-2-3-ONE. Which gave us a choice between Torres and Crouch up front. It's simple really isn't it?

Alonso wanted to go back to Spain, and bar his first and last seasons at Liverpool had been nothing more than average. In the summer of 2008 (when we first tried to sell Alonso), we had no money. English player quota's were being brought in, so Rafa decided to sell a player who had been average for the last three seasons and buy a player who had been playing well and was English. We had to sell to buy because of the Americans - just like we do now.

Rafael Benitez was the closest we had to Bill Shankly since the man himself. You may think he is an 'idiot', but how many European Cups, FA Cups, UEFA Cups and league titles have you won my friend?

the same amount of EPL titles (Y)

keep clinging on to the past, you sound like the NHL equivalent toronto maples leafs fans. what's embarassing is liverpool released an iphone app about the istanbul. seriously? time to move on guys. How many times have we won the EPL tiles since it became the modern format of the EPL? The same as a 1000000000000000 x 0. Stop carinng about europe and useless cups that in the grand theme of things that no one gives a **** about. I want an EPL title and rafa couldn't deliver.

sorry that you're boyfriend got kicked to the curb, but time to move on.

the same amount of EPL titles (Y)

keep clinging on to the past, you sound like the NHL equivalent toronto maples leafs fans. what's embarassing is liverpool released an iphone app about the istanbul. seriously? time to move on guys. How many times have we won the EPL tiles since it became the modern format of the EPL? The same as a 1000000000000000 x 0. Stop carinng about europe and useless cups that in the grand theme of things that no one gives a **** about. I want an EPL title and rafa couldn't deliver.

sorry that you're boyfriend got kicked to the curb, but time to move on.

It's hard to win the league when without any financial backing... that's my point. ****ing stupid Yanks.

Oh, and I am hardly clinging on to the past. You stated Rafa was an 'idiot' and I reminded you of what he has achieved.

Go and support Man City or something.

It's hard to win the league when without any financial backing... that's my point. ****ing stupid Yanks.

Oh, and I am hardly clinging on to the past. You stated Rafa was an 'idiot' and I reminded you of what he has achieved.

Go and support Man City or something.

:cry: its okay martyn, im sure he'll write...

Barcelona, which added World Cup top scorer David Villa this offseason, is negotiating a 150 million- euro ($188.6 million) bank loan after falling behind with salary payments to players.

The soccer club denied it's bankrupt. The 2009 European champion hopes to secure the loan in a few days, Barcelona PresidentSandro Rosell said, according to the team Web site. Rosell, who replaced Joan Laporta last week, didn't identify the banks the club is negotiating with or name players affected by the wage delay. "We have to finance" our short-term obligations such as wages, Rosell said, adding the team also plans to trade defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy back to Shakhtar Donetsk for 15 million euros, 10 million less than it paid for him in August 2009. Club members "can relax," Rosell added. "The club isn't bankrupt."

punk.gifpunk.gifWooohooo!! :D Paaaaaaaaarty.... w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Source

Hey Kralik, I pre-ordered my new Arsenal home jersey. :D

Wicked :p

Arsenal has had this jersey before too you know.. here's Pat Rice in 1971 wearing same design kit..

RICE_Pat_19791226_GH_L.jpg

Strange Umbro is not suing Nike for it's design? Or do we own this design? Looks nice without any sponsors on the shirt.. rolleyes.gif

I feel pretty bad for Roy Hodgson. He is being thrown into a hopeless situation at Liverpool, and after his achievements with Fulham his reputation could be due to take a large hit here.

As for the people calling Rafa an idiot: Seriously? What he achieved with the resources we had was nothing more than remarkable. We had no right to win the 2005 CL with the squad we had, and to pull it off was an outstanding achievement. Whatever happens, it is clear to me that the situation at Liverpool will get far worse before it improves. The premier league is going to be a 2 horse race for the next few years, unless Man City start to spend a little more wisely.

I feel pretty bad for Roy Hodgson. He is being thrown into a hopeless situation at Liverpool, and after his achievements with Fulham his reputation could be due to take a large hit here.

As for the people calling Rafa an idiot: Seriously? What he achieved with the resources we had was nothing more than remarkable. We had no right to win the 2005 CL with the squad we had, and to pull it off was an outstanding achievement. Whatever happens, it is clear to me that the situation at Liverpool will get far worse before it improves. The premier league is going to be a 2 horse race for the next few years, unless Man City start to spend a little more wisely.

long time no see around these parts (Y)

You're forgetting us.. last season we suffered yet again due to injuries.. specially missing RvP for most of the season.. this time around we also have Chamakh.. Wenger still needs to replaced the clown and Flappy though.. we need better keepers and atleast 1 more CB.. I expect transfer market to go crazy next week after the WC is over..