Show us your workstations!

nice, that one is cheaper ;)

You can even get it for even cheaper if you do a price match on NCIX with this place. http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/116037/ANTEC/NINE_HUNDRED/

What I always do when I buy stuff from NCIX is search for a cheaper price on http://www.shopbot.ca then do a price match. It works 99% of the time. It's what I did when I built my system.

yeah I've price matched before. they're usually pretty good with it!

I'm looking for a new case so this may do! :D

The lian-li one from above is sexy too but hella expensive (and ncix doesn't carry it!)

I also have the Antec 900. Have had it since it was first released, but mine doesn't look as bright as yours. Are those the default illuminated fans that come with the antec or did you replace them?

I also have the Antec 900. Have had it since it was first released, but mine doesn't look as bright as yours. Are those the default illuminated fans that come with the antec or did you replace them?

Yeah, those are the default fans that came with the case, except for the side fan. I took the photo with the flash off so the pic looks a little brighter than it does in real life. I don't know if it's brighter than yours but when watching movies I do find the light a little distracting so I added switches on the front to switch off the lights/fans when watching movies.

Which laptop is that? Only and main computer?

A Sony Vaio FW 21Z. Yes, it's my main computer. I still have my older computer, which works as backup machine. But I have only used laptops for years now.

gotten new furniture(chair new aarons rental/desk used garage sale) since last posting.. figured i would post the current setup.... first one to spot the hidden message in my picture gets a cookie '-)

i sit in the chair fully reclined and post on the neowin... and d my gaming.. you will prolly see my 2'nd monitor isnt even used... much less hooked up or plugged it its just sitting there.... i think if the buyer comes through on my computer i will build an amd tripple core system with a asus 24 inch monitor.....

post-249793-1250398184_thumb.jpg

post-249793-1250398264_thumb.jpg

Ergonomic FTW!

pc_dinovo_wave_2.jpg

What moniter & keyboard is that?

Does anyone know of a desk thats basicly floating on the wall, lol you get 2 brackets and push the desk on to the wall, you can get them in shelves and I'm sure I'v seen them in desks?

Edited by Stephen.

First time posting my Workstation here.

When I posted my Workstation before I didn't include my tower (Although you can sorta see the top of it in the pic quoted) So here it is:

Tower.jpg

It is a PC-X2000 case by Lian-Li with the extra Side Window that they sell.

When I posted my Workstation before I didn't include my tower (Although you can sorta see the top of it in the pic quoted) So here it is:
Nice looking cable sleeves. Can we get a full view from the side of the case?

setup.jpg

Slightly overkill with the keyboards + mice/touchpads :p

17" Asus (Core 2 Duo) on the left, built in tuner for media center, also running the 19" monitor in the middle

12" HP tx 2500ea tablet (Turion X2) on the right.

Both keyboards and mice you see on the desk are hooked up to the laptop on the left, and shared to the right using Multiplicity

Monitor, keyboard and mouse sitting under monitor are hooked up to my 1u server on the shelf above via KVM also (running Server 2008 as a dev/testing box for some new projects I'm working on)

Also sat under the monitor is a Creative X-Fi 5.1 usb soundcard driving my 5.1 speakers

All in all, there's 1 server, 2 laptops, 3 screens, 4 keyboards, 5 mice/touchpads and 6 speakers in here, it's a pretty nice setup :)

Now, back to work on that new version of Neowin...

New version of neowin?!? What's to be expected?

Imagine we took all the code we have for absolutely everything, threw it away, and started again, that's what we've done :p It's coming along nicely, but I'm not going to release any spoilers yet. Most of the staff haven't even seen it at this stage.

Nice looking cable sleeves. Can we get a full view from the side of the case?

Sure:

Also dust sure does accumulate quick on that window. I only wiped it down earlier today.

Tower2.jpg

Sorry that the pics are looking down and not straight at the case but my Tripod is just a bit to tall and I couldn't be bothered to bodge something together to make it the same height as the centre of the case.

That kind of a desk would be quite weight limited don't you think?

Not really if you have 3 long brackets all lenths of the desk and slide it on it shouldnt be a problem?

Not really if you have 3 long brackets all lenths of the desk and slide it on it shouldnt be a problem?

until it rips a big chunk out of your wall...

just imagine, the pivot point of the desk will be at the wall, and any weight applied to the edge of the desk (furthest from the wall) will be magnified. kinda like the effect when using a crowbar.

to get this to be any good you'd either need a very strong wall, and/or bolt deep into the wall.

@Stephen.: My desk if fixed do the wall. There's a desk feet at the left of the frontside because there's no wall there :p