What is your favourite sport?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite sport?

• Football (Soccer)
    • American Football
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Rugby
    • Baseball / Rounders / Softball (Specify which)
    • Snooker / Pool (Specify Which)
    • Formula 1
    • Nascar
    • Champ Car
    • Other Motorsport
    • Olympic Sport (Specify)
    • Extreme Sport (Specify)
    • Other (Specify)
    • Hockey
    • Ice Hockey
    • Golf
    • Basketball

Other:

Starcraft E-Sports

I would probably say football as well but i watch Starcraft alot more and for longer periods of time, so i guess thats got to be classed as my favourite :p

But football for you lot is something you play with your hands.

American Handball.

I see where your getting at, but you have to understand, that in America, Football is such a common name, that I know some people who don't even know that soccer is called football outside of the US.

I know it doesn't make any sense (and my wife hates it because she loves soccer) but it will always be football to us, it sounds wrong calling it something else. And soccer will always be soccer.

I see where your getting at, but you have to understand, that in America, Football is such a common name, that I know some people who don't even know that soccer is called football outside of the US.

I know it doesn't make any sense (and my wife hates it because she loves soccer) but it will always be football to us, it sounds wrong calling it something else. And soccer will always be soccer.

Fair enough. It is just as strange in Europe to hear football called soccer as well, even though most European's have heard the term.

Hockey is the best sport to watch live :)

I remember Fred666 talking about ice hockey. It does seem a good sport to watch live, and what interests me most is the fights they have on the ice rink. Imagine Drogba and Adebayor fighting it out if that was allowed in football :laugh:

ice hockey = hockey... hockey played on an ice rink is REAL hockey... europeans calling it ice hockey. We invited the game, quit changing it's name!

grass hockey is not hockey, its a bunch of girls waving sticks that are too small to be effective to do anything. Canadians tried to play that at the olympics, and then we went canadian on them by body checking their captain and taking him out of the olympics. I was never so proud to be canadian as I was in that moment while watching the beijing olympics.

and for once me and greg agree. It also makes no sense why american football is called football.

I remember Fred666 talking about ice hockey. It does seem a good sport to watch live, and what interests me most is the fights they have on the ice rink. Imagine Drogba and Adebayor fighting it out if that was allowed in football :laugh:

Drogba is too much of a sissy to hold a real fight. If he got involved in a fight like they have in hockey he'd probably keel over and die given his flopping record in football :p

ice hockey = hockey... hockey played on an ice rink is REAL hockey... europeans calling it ice hockey. We invited the game, quit changing it's name!

grass hockey is not hockey, its a bunch of girls waving sticks that are too small to be effective to do anything. Canadians tried to play that at the olympics, and then we went canadian on them by body checking their captain and taking him out of the olympics. I was never so proud to be canadian as I was in that moment while watching the beijing olympics.

and for once me and greg agree. It also makes no sense why american football is called football.

Actually Field hockey predates ice hockey, so no canada didn't invent the game. And don't you think it is pretty sad that the you think violence is a good reason to be proud of your country?

Drogba is too much of a sissy to hold a real fight. If he got involved in a fight like they have in hockey he'd probably keel over and die given his flopping record in football :p

Hence why it would be entertaining...

I voted other motorsport. Specifically grassroots level road racing, but a lot of the less covered forms are great to watch (rally, vintage, auto cross, ect, even your local 1/4 mile oval). The entire atmosphere is great and laid back. You can sit out on the grass and picnic, watch several events in different classes actually talk to the drivers and hold conversations with other fans. Mixed in with the roar of engines and squeal of tires and the smell of exhaust and hot rubber it is great. The occasional wreck doesn't hurt either.

Honorable mention to baseball. Again live I don't like it at all on the TV. The whole atmosphere is laid back. Grab some food and a beer and sit back and watch. All the little traditions and in between inning entertainment adds to the whole experience.