Start bar.. question..

Yeah I noticed with WinXP (I'm one of those people that likes to hide the start bar and also have it @ the top.. I just find it easier there.. anyways..) that the Start Bar pops up if you have a new page that loads in IE or something. This is annoying.. the bar keeps popping up when a new object loads and it flashes blue, how can I make the bar stop from popping up, I like it to flash blue and all but just not to drop down, especially when I'm talking to someone on chat or ICQ, etc... and working on something else.. and i get disturbed by the start bar dropping down like that.. this didn't happen with windows98se.. maybe theres some kindof option fo this I don't know.

Also I know theres an ABOUT option for windows.. which shows build number etc.. how do i get to the about window?

Thanks a lot if someone can help me out with these questions. :ninja:

Dunno about the start bar ... but to get the ABOUT window, I presume you mean System Properties - General tab ... just right click 'My Computer' and select properties ... Is that the window u mean?

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh  

Dunno about the start bar ... but to get the ABOUT window, I presume you mean System Properties - General tab ... just right click 'My Computer' and select properties ... Is that the window u mean?

no no.. i seen the ABOUT screen thing for the fakes that were displayed here before, it looked different, the sys properties I know about.. I'm not new to windows @ all :D

JakeX: agree, i get annoyed at that too, especially when it just won't hide again, but sorry, i don't know the solution for that myself.