ZoneAlarm Pro

I got ZoneAlarm Pro, but when it starts it says "error : Please restart" i restart and it says exactly the same thing. I had ZoneAlarm a few months back and it worked fine. The only thing that has changed on my computer is the services, Do you know what services ZoneAlarm needs to work?

TrueVector Internet Monitor

Thats must be on auto

Hmm, i guess ZoneAlarm Automatically sets that to auto though? I have never touched that. I'm sure it's one of the other services that i've set to manual.

TrueVector Internet Monitor

Thats must be on auto

Hmm, i guess ZoneAlarm Automatically sets that to auto though? I have never touched that. I'm sure it's one of the other services that i've set to manual.

IF you are unsure then enable all the services, if it works then start disabling the services which were disabled before one by one making sure each time zonealarm is still working...

i know its a long way but it should work :ninja:

m0.

Ok, every service is on Automatic and all but 4 are started. ZoneAlarm still comes up with the same error... anyone know why?

In ZAP help it says...

The message Error. Please Reboot indicates that you are not protected by ZoneAlarm Pro because the underlying security process is not running. Restart your computer to allow ZoneAlarm Pro to reset.

TrueVector is on Automatic but when i click start it doesnt, it comes with an error "Error 1066: The dependcy group or service failed to start"

Sounds like you have an issue where some dependancy has not been loaded.

In English: The True Vector Service needs other services running in order to it's job.

Find out if you disabled any of the services the True Vector depends on and then turn them back on.

;)

-x- peace

post-32-1053197070.jpg

In English: The True Vector Service needs other services running in order to it's job.

Find out if you disabled any of the services the True Vector depends on and then turn them back on.

;)

-x- peace

ALL my service's are set on Automatic at the moment, About 5 Will not start, TreiVector is one of them, RPC is running and Auto by the way

;)

-x- peace

ALL my service's are set on Automatic at the moment, About 5 Will not start, TreiVector is one of them, RPC is running and Auto by the way

hmmmmm... At this point, there's more trouble on that system if services refuse to start. I haven't dealt with that issue before, so I'm afraid I would suggest looking into why those services won't start, as you could have a domino effect with the dependencies going on. Or you could always reformat. OK, stop laughing, it wasn't that funny.. Aside from that, perhaps another firewall might be in order if this is more trouble than it's worth. Consider checking ZA's support section as well; this might be covered there.

-x- peace

i got over 500MB of music [take a long time on 56k] Plus all the Windows updates from. Thank god i have the SP1 Disc. And programs. Formatting.. maybe a an option... but not now.. unless something really goes wrong. I might just try another firewall.. maybe Norton Personal Firewall?

i got over 500MB of music [take a long time on 56k] Plus all the Windows updates from. Thank god i have the SP1 Disc. And programs. Formatting.. maybe a an option... but not now.. unless something really goes wrong. I might just try another firewall.. maybe Norton Personal Firewall?

Excellent firewall :yes:

i use it on my pc :)

m0.

Hmm i got Norton Personal Firewall last night [23mb took 2 hours :(] And i must say, i was really dissapointed with it. I was online for 5 hours and didnt block one incoming thing, i even did the symantec security check and it didnt stop its own port scans. Compared to ZoneAlarm [even though it refuses to work] The user interface and its simplicity is far easier then Nortons firewall. Overall, i'll never use get Nortons firewall again, im really dissapointed.