[UK] O2 data network gone down again?

Has your contract payment not gone through? When i forgot to pay i got cut off and whilst it was sorted there was no data

Edit: Sorry, Just checked i have no data signal :(

Seems like payandgo.o2.co.uk is down now as well.

BBC News

I can confirm payandgo.o2.co.uk not working too.

Using an iPhone sim card in my phone atm to get Internet access (run over my allowance with my orange contract :pinch:), and was wondering why it started to mess up on the way home from work .

Pfftt...still down for me.

That makes 8/9 hours....how can that even be possible for one of the UKs biggest networks :crazy: Surely they should have redundancy/backup servers.

They are saying network congestion.....if so this must have been building for weeks, and whats going to happen when they get the Pre too!!

Mine did this once, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with O2

If I remember, I restored it on iTunes and that fixed it

well done for not reading. Its already been confirmed that the problem is on O2's end.

To the person who asked about if its only iphone, data isn't working on my normal O2 contract sim either, so we can assume its all of their network.

O2 Data Network Crash Cuts Off Web On iPhone

9:42am UK, Thursday July 23, 2009

Roshni Mapara, Sky News Online

The mobile phone network provider O2's data network has crashed leaving millions of customers without access to the internet.

Apple iPhone 3G

Millions were left without access to the internet

The fault is affecting O2 pay monthly customers and mobile broadband users - including iPhone and Blackberry users.

Text messaging, email and internet access has been interrupted but voice calls can still be made.

Wi-fi hot spot access, available free in coffee shops, pubs and other outlets, are still working normally.

The recorded message that O2 users heard yesterday when calling to inquire about the fault said that a GPRS satellite fault meant that the services were limited in the London area.

It added that engineers were aware of the problem but were not able to say when the service would be back to normal.

O2 commented on Twitter: "We're having a problem across the UK at the moment - we're working to fix it ASAP."

The network problems come at a difficult time for the operator - Apple is rumoured to be considering allowing rival networks Orange and T-Mobile to sell the iPhone 3G, ending O2's exclusive deal.

An O2 spokesman said: "We have managed to restore data services to the vast majority of customers and are doing everything we can to ensure the few remaining customers are back online as soon as possible."

I've been down all evening. Considering this is my only form of phone communication at the moment, i'm very disappointed.

Anyone having trouble again? The data connection on my iPhone has just gone down again. :crazy:

[uPDATE] O2 website has gone down along with iPhone data connection. Lots of reports coming in on Twitter.

Edited by kraized

Anyone having trouble again? The data connection on my iPhone has just gone down again. :crazy:

[uPDATE] O2 website has gone down along with iPhone data connection. Lots of reports coming in on Twitter.

I don't know if you use the O2 customer forums, but for the past number of days many users are reporting issues with the network ranging from data issues through to the phone not even detecting a cellular network. I am wondering if this is all down to a botched upgrade...

I don't know if you use the O2 customer forums, but for the past number of days many users are reporting issues with the network ranging from data issues through to the phone not even detecting a cellular network. I am wondering if this is all down to a botched upgrade...

The website and the forums seem to be as well.

Hmm, anyone having problems with data on O2? I've lost data connection AGAIN.