Paul Bettany as Michael in Scott Stewart's Legion

Yeah saw that a year or so back it's a good movie, don't forget though Legion is a trilogy :laugh:

Actually, what you should say: "They hope Legion will be a trilogy".

I just saw the trailer for this movie and it looks amazing. After seeing it, I immediately thought of Gabriel. The two movies are similar, but I think they're totally different plot-wise. Gabriel takes place at a half-way point for souls known as Purgatory; however, Legion takes place at a desert diner on Earth.

I just saw the trailer for this movie and it looks amazing. After seeing it, I immediately thought of Gabriel. The two movies are similar, but I think they're totally different plot-wise. Gabriel takes place at a half-way point for souls known as Purgatory; however, Legion takes place at a desert diner on Earth.

Your a supernatural fan aren't you?

did you think sam and dean would turn up at the diner :D I did :rofl:

That doesn't mean Purgatory isn't Earth.

They seem to be going all out for this movie, I don't think it'll help them by guaranteeing that it'll be a trilogy.

In a fairly hilarious interview, Paul Bettany talks about the tattoos he wears as the angel Michael:

They actually go all over my body, including my ? I don't want to talk about it. The application of those tattoos is a private matter! They developed the sort of typeset. In actual fact [the language] was developed by a man called John Dee, and you'll have to check this but he was a Necromancer and he was apparently in touch with angels and they gave him their language. This actually all says stuff, but you'll have to forgive me because I have about 60 tattoos or more, I think. So I don't know what each of them say, but they say stuff. This one I know says "If you're freeze-framing this film, you're really weird."b>

And he clarifies that, yes, Michael does lose all his supernatural powers when he clips his own wings, and he also sheds some kind of heavenly obedience collar. And there's a totally awesome fight scene with Gabriel. [ShockTillYouDrop]

Fail for fighting angels with machine guns. It looks good bar from this one flaw. Anyone who watches Supernatural would know how powerful the Angels are. \anal mode off

Fail for fighting angels with machine guns. It looks good bar from this one flaw. Anyone who watches Supernatural would know how powerful the Angels are. \anal mode off

haha yeah some how angels wouldn't need guns :p

500xlegioncomic.jpg

Hooked by the trailer for next year's Heaven Vs. Earth war movie Legion? You only have to wait until November to sign up for the battle, when director Scott Stewart launches a comic book prologue from IDW.

The four-part series, Legion: Prophets, will be plotted by Stewart and scripted by Tom Waltz, with art on the first two issues by Alberto Muriel and Jose Holder. According to the publisher, the series

introduces us to the "Prophets": ordinary people who have yet to understand the powers they possess and their very special role in the apocalyptic events that are about to sweep across the globe two days before Christmas.

With the series running weekly throughout the end of November and beginning of December, consider this an almost-real time countdown to the events behind the movie that opens in January 2010.

Source: Io9

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...