Enter the Matrix

Is Enter The Matrix Worth Getting?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is Enter The Matrix Worth Getting?

• Yes
    • No

I have heard thats it not all that and alot of HYPE due to the film just being released world-wide has pushed sales along VERY nicely. Its this point alone that is actually swaying purchases rather than it being a "AAA" title.

My advice is to go to your local store and ask for a demo and play it for 10 mins or so. Or if your local video store rents games go rent it.

Try before you buy is my advice! Don't get sucked into the HYPE! The film is awesome, but it doesnt mean the game is too!

I'd give it a score of 83% Overall

i played through the game on the PC with both characters and i have to say i LOVE IT! I told my friend about it but he wasn't expecting anything good but he ended up loveing it too. there are some instances where people are having performance problems, but so far on my machine it runs great at 1280x1024 with full anti-aliasing and the other settings maxed out. I was having minor crash issues with the initial release but the new patches fixed that all up, and the EAX HD feature now works with Audigy and Audigy II sound cards.

my 2 friends in florida rented it for PS2 and they said it is probably the best fps they have ever played. I would say rent it atleast, then go buy it if you like it so much. not a long game, about 3-4 hours of game time per character, but it includes videos with the real actors, gives important info that ties in with Matrix: Reloaded, and has a neat hacking console that you hack to find special content and hidden messages.

The game does have many significant flaws. On PC it can be incredibly buggy, and the camera is a load of crap. It has significant control problems, as simply switching guns or selecting a certain weapon can cause problems. It's very simplisitic at times, and the car levels are a joke.

With that said, the incredibly high production levels warrent at least a rent and probably a buy. You get extra footage that adds a great deal to the Matrix mythos - explaining furthur certain details from Matrix: Reloaded. You get high quality clips from the movie itself as well (the "money shot" from the highway chase being the best). And, upon finishing the game, you are granted a VERY nice gift.

If these was a game that didn't have the MAtrix affiation, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. But, with the Matrix bias, the high production values and overall sense of wonder throughout the game that was in the first movie, I'd rate it a must=rent, and if you're a big Matrix fan, you should probably buy.

Non-Matrix fan - 7.5

A Hard Core Matrix Fan - 9.5

Out Of 10

It all depends you like Matrix or not, as an Avid fan I give it a 9!

The Focus mode (The slow motion, you walk on the walls and flips, then ninja kick a COP is very COOL), that alone is worth it.

A lot of Action, too!

I wish it had Multiplayer or Xbox live! capable though :(

But, a lot Non-Matrix fans will find OTHER games a lot better.

I own it on Xbox :)

Edited by JediXAngel

I just rented it, and thats what I'd recommend you do..

Fun game, but I can't see myself forking out 50 smackers to own it..

I have no doubt that I will have it beat in the 5 days Blockbuster intrusted it to me..

I enjoyed the game. It is good fun and the hacking portion of the game just made it that much better.

I do wish they did a few things with the game, but oh well, mabey they will get it down better next time if they do one for revolutions.

Think we can make anymore Enter The Matrix topics? ;)

...Kidding for all you people who are going to get PMS over that comment...

Just search the forums for "Enter The Matrix". Or just look at the main page ;)