Looking for 1080p 40"+ TV

Hey,

I just moved into a new flat and obviously I'm on a budget!

I have a huge wall that measures about 12 foot wide, 8 foot tall, and I need a TV to put on it.

I'm getting Sky on Tuesday, and use my Xbox360 loads, as well as watching a **** load of movies, which I'm hoping to turn into a BluRay collection pretty soon.

So here's the problem. I am seriously struggling finding anything that is 1080p and over 40" for a decent price. All the good brands are marked up way into the 000's and it's just a bit silly.

My budget is ?400, obviously I'd prefer to go under so I can buy other stuff.

Anyone think they can find a bargain / get me a discount:DD

lg make some great tvs. i have a 42"plasma and 42"lcd, both are great , you should be able to get the lcd for around ?550 now, full1080p too

I think with that budget you may struggle to find one of the higher brands although ibood.com, so the question is do you want to pay a bit more for a quality panel or stick with the budget and get an inferior set?

ibood.com had the S Series Bravia 40" for ?499 yesterday. Sadly they are one day offers but no doubt there is something out there:))

ritchersounds have an Ultraslim Hitachi for ?399, but only a 37" it is 1080p though. Have not read any reviews, so certainly do things like that before you go spending your well earned cash.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv...0/hita-ut37mx70

Samsung....don't waste extra money on Sony, samsung actually makes their screens.

oh, ybrett23 is right too...LG makes some nice ones as well...I just would recommend samsung first.

Get Samsungs LCD 6 or 7 series (i have a 7 series and love it). You could go with their brand new OLED, but it is a bit more...just really really cool.

I also say go with Samsung. They use basically the same components as Sony, but you dont pay for the Sony name. I loved my 40" Samsung until my ex wife took it! Now I'm itching to get a replacement. Strongly looking at the new LED backlight Samsungs

Two simple points: go with an LCD screen, and choose either Sony or Samsung. Sony is my preference, as I have one myself and it's brilliant. It's true that Samsung and Sony screens are made by the same company (S-LCD), but both companies use different backlights, logic boards, and firmwares, and that's what normally makes the difference.

If you care at all about what the screen looks like in the room (on or off) you'd get a Samsung over a Sony, Sony look horrible (design not picture quality)

So here's the problem. I am seriously struggling finding anything that is 1080p and over 40" for a decent price. All the good brands are marked up way into the 000's and it's just a bit silly.

Get a Vizio TV at Costco. I saw plenty of their 1080p 42" HDTVs for less than $1,000.

And I don't know about you, but I've never seen a good 40"+ TV for less than $1,000. Even before the HD days, TVs that big were really expensive. I actually think they're cheaper now than they used to be.

Your budget is quite restricting. I know you don't want to but you may want to wait 'til you can raise it.

That said, I wouldn't buy a TV that didn't have Samsung's logo on it.