Windows Update Not Responding?

Weird! Whenever I use Internet Explorer 6 and I try to access Windows Update, IE freezes on me! Can anyone tell me why does that occur, or is it my crappy connection? :D

Webgraph,

Something you could try is go to C:WindowsDownloaded Program Files and right click ... (the name escapes me at the moment) .. the file related to Windows Update and choose update. Perhaps your controls need updating and thats whats causing the stall? This way you can update them without going to the site.

This is so weird, but since reading this post, its been freezing on me too! lol

Anywho, what fixed it for me was to delete the "windows update" folder under Program Files.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I'll give that a try! It's strange! I can use it the first time, but after that, it didn't work! Let's see if I can get it to work on my broadband! :D

I know what it is..........

it's all the n00bs that read the article about the AIM secrurity flaw and are looking for an update on windows update at the same time.......... heheheehe :D :p :knocked:

Damn! Still not working and it's due to the problem I've stated in my previous post! I think Microsoft Windows Update needs restructuring so it doesn't use ActiveX! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Update on IE 6 is still a no go here too.. weird. I'm sysadmin of 40 machines and of course all but 3 have IE6. The ones with IE 5.5 sp2 can do windowsupdate just fine.. but no go on ie6.

Time to downgrade :) They don't need the media bar anyway LOL.