Anyone use Geektool here?

So I've been using Geektool for some time to display the time and date on my desktop, but recently-in my effort to de-clutter the status bar, I wish to put battery information on my desktop somewhere.

I've found Geektool scripts that show the percentage left or even the remaining mAh left (which I believe is just taken from system_profilier via just the battery info and grep). My problem is I want a time remaining indicator, just like the status bar shows.

I can't seem to figure out where to get this from, or even how the actual OS does it. Someone gave me a perl script I could use, but for some reason, I can't get it working on my system:

http://snipplr.com/view/4525/battery/

Maybe I did something wrong, but here's what I did:

1. Saved that script in /usr/bin/ as "Battery.perl" (to get to usr/bin I did terminal > "open /usr/bin"

2. Made a new Geektool entry and made it a shell command

3. Typed "perl /usr/bin/Battery.perl"

Yet, there is no magic =(.

• 1 month later...
So I've been using Geektool for some time to display the time and date on my desktop, but recently-in my effort to de-clutter the status bar, I wish to put battery information on my desktop somewhere.

I've found Geektool scripts that show the percentage left or even the remaining mAh left (which I believe is just taken from system_profilier via just the battery info and grep). My problem is I want a time remaining indicator, just like the status bar shows.

I can't seem to figure out where to get this from, or even how the actual OS does it. Someone gave me a perl script I could use, but for some reason, I can't get it working on my system:

http://snipplr.com/view/4525/battery/

Maybe I did something wrong, but here's what I did:

1. Saved that script in /usr/bin/ as "Battery.perl" (to get to usr/bin I did terminal > "open /usr/bin"

2. Made a new Geektool entry and made it a shell command

3. Typed "perl /usr/bin/Battery.perl"

Yet, there is no magic =(.

try saving the file with .pl as the suffix, not .perl