The Workout Thread

I'm not sure if there's one of these about (i have a feeling i might of made one in the past...) but i thought it would be a good idea for people to share their goals, current workout regime, advice etc

There's one of this other forum i post on and it has helped me a lot. I'm a beginner, but i've improved a lot since posting in a thread similar to this. Feel free to post pictures (before/after), what supplements you buy and anything related to workout out!

I have a 13 mile marathon coming up (in a month) and haven't put in enough cardio training :( since i've been too distracted by free weights! I literally had very little muscle, especially around the arms, but after a month or so, i have noticeable gains :)

The current supplements i use are:

PhD Nutrition Pharmaceutical Micronised Creatine

PHD-CRE.JPG&wmax=250&hmax=250&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

PhD Nutrition Pharama Whey

pharma-whey-tub.jpg.jpg

and general A-Z multivitamins/minerals

Been doing weighted muscle-ups. The first time I did one last week I thought I was going to die. Now I can get about 10-15 in without getting tired. Never really saw any personal gain using that artificial supplement crap over a well-balanced high protein diet. Is there any reputable source that has proven a benefit over a high-protein?

For those who don't know what a weighted muscle-up is.

Edited by A.B.L.N.N.

I go to the gym about 3-5 times a week. I just do strength training. I should branch out to cardio and toning out. I'm just training to get bigger and stronger for rugby right now, but I love being fit.

I go to the gym 2 - 4 times a week, and I've started swimming as well (though I don't do much actual serious swimming when my sister needs keeping an eye on). At the gym I tend to alternate each time between doing a bunch of weights on my legs, and some on my arms. I then do 20 - 30 minutes cardio. I never changed my weight from doing exercise but I've managed to tone up a great deal.

The goal now is to up the cardio I think, to burn off some fat, while keeping up with enough weights to maintain my muscles as they are. Diet is my weak point there, but I am slowly improving in that area (I lost 3lb just by cutting out alcohol for a fortnight)

you don't need no damned supplements

Care to expand...

Yes you can get good gains without them but that doesn't mean they don't have there uses. A lot of people seem to forget they are supplements, you cant expect them to work if your diet sucks :p.

Cool thread i stopped working out a few months ago because of money problems but when i will start school again i'll start working out since they have a few gym :)

i used this

PL-019.jpg

and it really helped, but i lost all of the muscle i had since i stopped working out

when i did i did the muscle & fitness rock hard challenge

My partner swears by protein supplement. His take on it is that it really helps with performance during exercise, reduces tiredness and soreness afterwards and generally aides recovery. He also said that it's impossible/very very hard to get that much protein into your diet from eating meat (which I can believe). Personally, I don't think I do enough exercise to cope with the extra calorie intake .. nor do I want phat man muscles :p

I think protein is a huge part of my improvement as well. Any place you look on the web says you need to eat at least your body weight in protein or more if you want to gain size. Since that is physically impossible for most people, protein powders/supplements fill that gap with ease.

Try PHD Synergy, thats the best, its a stack with mix of protien, creatine, testosterone boosters, l-glutamine... n some others...

Anyone who says you can get the same gains on natural sources than to supplements doesn't know anythin about body building...

Best ive tried are

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/27/1...4-Capsules.html - Testosterone boosters.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/49/1...SS--2.5-Kg.html - Protien n weight gainer, Currently on during my bulking phase.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/2809...ter-Shaker.html - Stack of everything.

Do I really get my PhD drinking the Synergy thing, or is it just for the muscles?

Because if I do get my PhD, I'll drop out of the university this instant.

haha what? Testosterone is natural, You clearly know what you're onnabout, if they were in the category of steroids theyd be illegal, And wouldnt be in a high quality and well known product such as Phd

If some one wants to go roids then it's their choice, i know many people who do it and doesn't bother me. Their choice, you still have to put in the work to get big!

I've started to do weight training my self, for the past 18weeks or so i've gained 1stone in muscle and it looks very nice :D

Just alot of protien to eat :p

Scares you ? How? L-glutamine is just a supplement which body builders take to stop muscle dissapearing on days you dont work out... Helps you repair faster... protien is natural, testosterone occurs naturally... and creatine just puts water in your muscles and helps you lift higher weights, Theyre all legal and hes already using other PHD products so i suggested just use the one which has them all in :)

Thanks for clearing that up ashpowell. It's good to see people knowing what they're talking about.

I can barely stomach my Chocolate Cookie PhD Whey Protein at the moment, i just find it too sickly.

No problem mate if ya want to know anythin else then pm me or summat.

Ah yeah i hate the taste, banana isnt bad or terrys choc orange, i know they do them flavours for the synergy not sure bout the other products.

Yeah the choc flavours arent very nice, I jus mix it with water and down it as fast as i can holdin ma nose lol.

I eat a balanced diet, with the exception of always choosing a meat option if possible. Don't take any supplements, never have done or will, I prefer a natural workout.

4 sets of 50 pressups, 3 sets of 30 sit ups, 2 sets of 30 abdominal crunchies, 1 set of 30 abdominal pushes. I do this 3-4 nights a week, trying to keep at least 12-24 hours inbetween for recovery. I've bulked to a level that I'm happy with now, and I'm satisfied with my arms, now I'm more focused on toning my abs. I was very into running at one point and I am genuinely considering getting back into it.

There's nothing quite like a good workout, :). I do have energy drinks sometimes- Lucozade Hydro/Energy or Gatorade, to replace the salt and fluid I've lost.

If you don't like the taste of the supplement then mix it with less parts water and mix it well. Worked for me. Also it tastes much nicer if you mix it with milk instead of water. You also get some extra protein that way, but extra fat as well so you have to weigh it up