The Workout Thread

I think I might have to change the whole flavour but it's expensive stuff :(

so how many sets and reps do you guys do? I'm doing 3x12 at the moment and increasing the weight everytime.

I eat a balanced diet, with the exception of always choosing a meat option if possible. Don't take any supplements, never have done or will, I prefer a natural workout.

4 sets of 50 pressups, 3 sets of 30 sit ups, 2 sets of 30 abdominal crunchies, 1 set of 30 abdominal pushes. I do this 3-4 nights a week, trying to keep at least 12-24 hours inbetween for recovery. I've bulked to a level that I'm happy with now, and I'm satisfied with my arms, now I'm more focused on toning my abs. I was very into running at one point and I am genuinely considering getting back into it.

There's nothing quite like a good workout, :). I do have energy drinks sometimes- Lucozade Hydro/Energy or Gatorade, to replace the salt and fluid I've lost.

So you do take supplements tut tut.

I think supplements are more used by people who do total body work outs and not people who just focus on push their abs through the layer of fat they have lying there.

Are there any benefits in having separate supplements over all in one products (whey protein with creatine and l-glutamine)?

I think I might have to change the whole flavour but it's expensive stuff :(

so how many sets and reps do you guys do? I'm doing 3x12 at the moment and increasing the weight everytime.

I do 3x10, but I'm not looking to gain massive amounts of weight. I'm a tiny guy, and any more beyond being toned (as in muscles just defined, not aiming for size) just looks ridiculous on me, haha.

As for my legs, I can't get a good workout on them, I swear, unless I do running/rollerblading/biking nonstop, I gain nothing down there. It's annoying. Me and my stupidly high metabolism stealing my food from me.

I do 3x10, but I'm not looking to gain massive amounts of weight. I'm a tiny guy, and any more beyond being toned (as in muscles just defined, not aiming for size) just looks ridiculous on me, haha.

As for my legs, I can't get a good workout on them, I swear, unless I do running/rollerblading/biking nonstop, I gain nothing down there. It's annoying. Me and my stupidly high metabolism stealing my food from me.

Dear you should drink Aloevera + Amla Juice first in the morning. your all problems will be solved. These boxes just make effect for a little time. But natural things like Aloevera and Amla are effective for lifetime.

I recommend doing squats with a weight you're very comfortable with, so you nail the form and then just keep adding.

Dear you should drink Aloevera + Amla Juice first in the morning. your all problems will be solved. These boxes just make effect for a little time. But natural things like Aloevera and Amla are effective for lifetime.

Ummm what now. What's so good about aloevera and amla juice? Got any evidence to back up your claims. Not to mention this isn't a thread about staying healthy or longevity but workouts if you forgot to read that.

Im loosing weight at the moment. Lots of Cardio. I wont be taking any "supplements" any one got any good advice. I go to the gym about 3 -4 times a week for an hour. Running for 30mins Bike 20ish. I was wondering if running on the treadmill without any shoes would be better for you than trainers? A thought crossed my mind.

Edit With Socks only no Trainers/Shoes

Edited by Sawyer12

I have been working out for a very long time (35+ years or so) and I love it. It has most definitely made a better quality of life for me. I do both cardio and strength training.

My routine includes a 4-5 day a week 20 mile bike ride, and a 1 hour strength training routine at my local gym. I mix up a push / pull routine at the gym (one day push exercises, one day pull exercises) with ab work every time I go to the gym. I used to take supplements, but I do not any more. I eat almost no meat (only some grilled chicken from time to time) but I eat egg whites and whole wheat carbs mostly.

I had my right hip replaced last year, so my days of running are over. :( I used to LOVE the endorphin rush I got from that!

Im loosing weight at the moment. Lots of Cardio. I wont be taking any "supplements" any one got any good advice. I go to the gym about 3 -4 times a week for an hour. Running for 30mins Bike 20ish. I was wondering if running on the treadmill without any shoes would be better for you than trainers? A thought crossed my mind.

Definitely run WITH shoes. Running shoes take some of the impact when you land, so your knees wont hate you in the future. They can also improve your balance, which all adds to a better workout.

If you want to lose weight, start doing some HIT (high intensity training) - http://weighttraining.about.com/od/succeed...h_intensity.htm - you'll notice quicker improvement.

I would work out but i can't do even 1 push up.

So do that. start with what you can. may seem silly but hell, i struggle with them too.

each night and each morning i've been doing 10 and its getting easier.

... I was wondering if running on the treadmill without any shoes would be better for you than trainers? A thought crossed my mind.

its very likey the gym owners will tell you off. Health and Safety regs etc. Not so much they you'll hurt yourself but that if you have an accident, they'll get it in the neck for not making you wear trainers.

+ What saxondale said

Have you used them before? Any good (the products, not the company)?

I've used them for years. Excellent products, excellent service, excellent price.

MyProtein are very highly recommended accross the net. As I said, if you want a discount code then just give us a PM.

• 1 year later...

I'm doing a running programme.

I ran a lot a couple of years ago and lost 3 stone, then I got sloppy, stopped running and put a lot of the weight back on.

When I started running again recently I was really unfit. I started by running 3 minutes, having a minute break, and repeat 6 times. Now 4 weeks later I run 15 minutes / 1 minute break / run 15 again and sometimes try to incorporate some uphill running into it. Do that 3 times a week. I'm a lot faster again now as well, run about 3 miles in that half an hour. Next week I will run 30 minutes continuously. After that it's up to me as the programme just aims to get somebody running for 30 minutes continuously.

I'm not really strict about my diet, I just don't eat crisps, chocolate etc. Lost almost a stone since I started running again :)

Alright guys, here's some before and after for ya! The first shot was taken mid-June. After my engagement with my fiancee was broken off, I was determined to get fit, especially considering I've been out of a job. Anyway, I dieted down from 160 to 154lbs. Then I began my workouts with my marine buddy, doing once or twice a days at the gym hitting up different muscle groups each time. Currently, I'm taking Syntha 6 for my protein intake, may jump to Optimum Nutrition Whey.

These are the results so far (taken today just a few moments ago). Nothing too fantastic, but my definition is really getting there. I'm still working on the ab section, but that requires more than just ab workouts, as I need to keep my fat down too. Currently back up to 156, but feeling great and I can control my weight very easily with my diet. :)

post-61965-0-76498300-1313004922.jpg

For those of you working towards your goals, I just want to encourage you to keep at it! Also, if any of you are on Fitocracy.com, hit me up! (http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/deadcell/) It's basically a social RPG (still in beta) that lets you level up with your real life workouts. Great community there, and I think it'd be cool to see a Neowin group spring up! :D I only have 8 invitations left, so get them while you can. http://ftcy.co/iMsBb8

(If this violates any rules, please let me know! I just have a passion for this site since they've been nothing but helpful in my goals, including the founders themselves)

• 2 months later...

I started running in June. Hate it, haven't gained any stamina, haven't lost a single pound, and my heart rate is still miserable. I just joined a local gym yesterday though. Started using their eliptical-type machine and it's pretty good. Makes me sweat more than running ever did and it's a heck of a lot easier. Especially on the joints. We'll see what happens.

I don't even like exercising. Kinda doing it out of boredom. Better than sitting around, I guess.