[i] Duke Nukem 3D Now Available in App Store

+Frank B.

Duke Nukem 3D Now Available in App Store

Duke Nukem 3D for the iPhone has just made its debut in the App Store. This version of the popular first person shooter game first appeared in 1996 for the PC, with subsequent ports to other platforms along with multiple expansion packs and add-ons made available in the years since.

113135-duke%20nukem.jpg

TouchArcade has taken a first look at the app, noting that it "appears to be a rather full implementation of the PC original" though there are some on-screen analog control issues that hamper gameplay. According to a post in the TouchArcade forums by George Broussard, who co-authored the original game, these issues will be reviewed and addressed in an update.

Duke Nukem 3D (link opens iTunes) became available in the App Store yesterday evening and currently has an introductory price of $2.99.

souricon.gif News source: Mac Rumors

Geoffrey B.

not bad for $3

cabron

Yup, that's a pretty good deal.

bbfc_uk

Downloaded this straight away after reading this post!!

Its only ?1.79 on the UK iTunes store, but it says its a limited launch offer.

qdave

So anyone played it yet? how are the controls? Its the most important aspect of these games.

Rudy

Thats a great price

Emil Valsson

It doesnt work on iPod touch 1st gen?

DeathSniper

Great price, played it last night. But the controls are awful, the dev said they will have an update soon to fix that though so I'll wait to play it any further till that update shows up.

NeoTrunks

Really wish they'd try to mimic the the control options of Wolfenstein 3D on the iPhone. Of course, you have looking up and down to worry about, but it can still work.

Chicane-UK

Does it have multiplayer over WiFi? :)

qdave
Really wish they'd try to mimic the the control options of Wolfenstein 3D on the iPhone. Of course, you have looking up and down to worry about, but it can still work.

I agree. After a bit of getting used to that game had the best controls for fps on iphone.

• 1 month later...
qdave

Tried the updated version of duke..its not any better :(

deletedxyz
Tried the updated version of duke..its not any better :(

The controls look terrible.

qdave

^Yep. Game is totally unplayable :(

• 2 weeks later...
Fred Derf

[Thread Moved from Gamers' Hangout to Mobile Gaming]

DirtyLarry

So far Doom is by far my favorite controls for an FPS and that is because they do the forward moving for you...

I basically just wasted $6.99 on that Modern Combat Sandstorm game, I kept reading reviews on it and praising the controls but they are awful as well. The only controls I can even use are the second option they provide and even then I cannot get past the first part where you face more than 2 enemies, not even kidding (I did put it to normal, may change it to Easy)

But so far the only FPS I have played that works is an on rails one that does the forward moving for you.