First Football League Managerial Casualty in First Week of Season!

Bryan Gunn fired by Norwich City

Last modified 15:49 14/08/09 By Alan Nixon

An%20angry%20Norwich%20City%20fan%20throws%20his%20ticket%20at%20Bryan%20Gunn.jpg Bryan Gunn became the first managerial casualty of the season when he was sacked by Norwich City - a week into the new campaign.

Gunn had a nightmare start when the Canaries were crushed 7-1 at home by Colchester United but he was allowed to carry on and his side bounced back with a Coca Cola Cup win over Yeovil.

The popular Scot, who stepped into the post in an emergency, was with the players at their camp in Exeter when he was told the news.

Gunn is 'devastated' by the decision, coming hours before the game with the Devon club. He had hoped for more time to turn round the club's fortunes and handle their difficulties off the park.

Former Norwich City favourite Ian Crook will take charge today while the Canaries board consider a replacement - and the coach may even get the nod in the long term.

- the mirror sport

Ade Boothroyd in please!

I don't see how it was coming Damien? Arsenal beat Everton 7-0 once and Moyes wasn't sacked...

You could see how the fans revolted that something had to be done from board level so this isn't a surprise but maybe thats just my thought.

Really at Carrow Road on Saturday it was poor, I have a season ticket behind the goal. But Gunn rectified and made changes and won his next game 4-0. And was set to bring in a 13th signing. Now whats gonna happen?

well.. he did get them relegated don't forget?!

it's clear the board were looking for an excuse to get rid of him.. oh well

i'm an Ipswich fan so i have little sympathy for team ;)

although i do feel sorry for Bryan, he reminds me a lot of my dad for some reason!

Its sad, but football managers don't get enough time to do their job. Just look how close Man U came to sacking fergie. If it had been in this era they probably would have sacked him and lost out on all the wonderful things he has achieved.