Remember the painter on PBS - Bob Ross?

PBS would air re-runs of Bob almost everyday in the afternoon.

I used to watch it between Uni classes and the guy talks so soft that you literally fall asleep... not only soft his voice volume was like a monotone... never fluctuated...lol wierd...he seemed like the kind of guy who would never get upset.

almost like he paints after smoking weed or something..

Here's the real Bob Ross

http://cellfish.com/video/147016/Bob-Ross-...ted-Forest-Pt-1

Here's a Parody of him funny as hell...

I think Family Guy show imitated him in one of their shows.. lol

Yes, I remember Bob. He seemed to have an uncanny ability to churn out fantastic paintings in 20mins flat. I found it strangely compulsive viewing. Seemed like a really nice guy to know.

He was definitely an amazing painter...no question...but his commentary was hilarious at times...

you have to watch the original Bob video above first to get an idea of how he spoke...

then watch the parody on youtube i posted below.

LOL. That's right, "happy little trees," he said that a lot. Bob Ross has already been parodied quite a bit on the internet.

Take a look at this page:

http://seehere.blogspot.com/search?q=bob+ross

Bob_Ross.png

The crowning moment for me was when he brought in a tiny wild bird on his finger into the studio with him one day. He said something along the lines of "Here is a little friend I brought to meet you all today... " It's hard to believe he was in the military for twenty years.

The crowning moment for me was when he brought in a tiny wild bird on his finger into the studio with him one day. He said something along the lines of "Here is a little friend I brought to meet you all today... " It's hard to believe he was in the military for twenty years.

Classic shining moment... Lawlz..

I wonder if it was the drugs he took for his cancer or what....that made him seem like he was on cloud 9 all day...

I'm familar with cancer too, my mum and another relative died from it....but don't remember see-ing them like that. lol

Used to love watching this show in the UK. 3-ish years ago it was on early-ish in the morning on Channel 4 (pretty sure it was C4) and I'd watch it before another stressful day at work :)

I remember the show, although I really only saw it in the 1980s.

Does anyone remember the guy who used to tell stories while drawing, it was also on PBS or was it TVO, I don't remember.

PBS would air re-runs of Bob almost everyday in the afternoon.

I used to watch it between Uni classes and the guy talks so soft that you literally fall asleep... not only soft his voice volume was like a monotone... never fluctuated...lol wierd...he seemed like the kind of guy who would never get upset.

I used to watch him when I couldn't sleep :laugh:

Family Guy spoof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=...p;v=7gr-WuqVYhY