Neowin Fantasy Football 2009

Seeing as no one had the time to create the league, I went ahead and created one. The information is as follows for the Yahoo league....

Neowin Fantasy Football 2009

League ID # 601346

Password: neowin

DRAFT:

Sunday August 30th @ 6:30pm Eastern Time

No restriction on names, just post in this thread when you have joined. We can adjust draft time, league size, etc. as needed.

Good Luck All...

Edited by RavNouS

Well I signed up but I may not be able to make the draft. I have a few things going on that day but I think it might just be in the right time slot for me to make it. But if Im not there don't take it as Im not playing, Ill do my best to be there.

Meh 6....lame. Still have fond memories of our 20ish person league years ago and having to manage my team half-assed while on vacation in Hawaii for two weekends.

Whatever happened to bigbluepride35, BOOG, and BroChaos?

Edited by virtualmadden

Sorry for missing the draft. My gf invited her Oma and Opa on vacation with us, so there wasn't a chance I could sit and do my picks. Good luck for week 1!

• 1 month later...

Well these last 2 weeks sucked. Lost last week due to crappy picks and this week due to all underperforming. Then in my espn league I lose because I couldn't log in and switch felix for barber and unless Adrian has a awesome game Im screwed.

Well, you picked up Brett Favre so that should help things out. I was surprised that he was on the waiver wire but I wasn't about to replace Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady and I didn't want to go with 3 QBs. Figures, most other years I've had sucky QBs and picking up Brett Favre from waivers would have been a godsend.

• 2 weeks later...

DefeNse-LeSs would be in 3rd place if things were done by points instead of the weekly win-loss record. He finally got his first win last week and it was a blowout win. At least some of his losses must have been close because his overall point score is high.

We've only got 8 teams though so everyone will qualify for the playoffs thus making most of the season somewhat meaningless. Meh.

Nah still get bragging rights for being top in playoffs. Im just happy I took out SBD giving him his first loss. White was insane that game. Though because I don't want to feel bad about wanting a player to good against my team I sat him this week.

Yeah I normally get stuck with bad QBs and I think my bench is ok enough that I grabed a 3rd just to see who would come out on top after a few weeks. If I have to Ill drop one.

Free agents are going to carry me this year. Gotta love the fact that Seattle's run offense is only just good enough to allow their passing game to carry them. I would love to get rid of Portis, but oh well.

• 4 weeks later...
New York's defense moved at half-speed, conceding the touchdown. The Jets were in an odd game-management situation in which they needed Jacksonville to score quickly, having no other way to stop the clock. Rather than accommodate them, Jones-Drew took a knee at the 1-yard line, declining the touchdown. You'll find the highlight here beginning at the 1:45 mark. Jets corners Darrelle Revis(notes) and Lito Sheppard(notes) did everything possible to allow MJD to score, short of actually carrying him over the goal line on their shoulders. By kneeling at the one, Jones-Drew allowed the Jaguars to run the clock down to the final tick and then kick a 21-yard field goal.

"Brilliant!" said the announcers.

"Brilliant!" said the five people who actually cheer for the Jaguars.

"[EXPLETIVE]!" said those of us who needed six more points from MJD.

It was essentially the Brian Westbrook play all over again. In 2007, Westbrook cruelly took a knee against Dallas in Week 15, guaranteeing a 10-6 win for the Eagles and a loss for thousands of fantasy owners.

The NFL rules committee needs to take a strong stand against that sort of deliberate non-scoring. Urgently. Tonight, if possible. It might be a smart tactical play in real-life, but it's a disaster in the imaginary game. Players should be severely fined. Not suspended, obviously, because that just punishes the fantasy owner again.

To his credit, Jones-Drew understands the damage he's done:

"Sorry to my fantasy owners," Jones-Drew deadpanned. "I apologize. I had myself today. It was a tough call, but whatever it takes to get the victory, that’s what counts."

If he's serious about earning forgiveness, four touchdowns against the Bills next week might be a nice start.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_...=fantasy,202561

"[EXPLETIVE]!"

• 5 weeks later...