[GC09] GTA IV: Lost and the Damned coming to PS3?

Oops, it looks like a PlayStation forum moderator has slipped up a little and dropped a big bombshell: Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost and the Damned may be coming to the PS3.

In a thread that has now unsurprisingly been deleted, Yaster, who is part of the moderation team for the European forums, was talking about his visit to the Rockstar booth at Gamescom and had this interesting thing to say…

And they were certainly showing some PS3 love – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned was available to play in a special 18+ area, we didn’t manage to get our hands on it due to the MASSIVE queue – but those inside looked pretty ***** excited.

The fact that this post has been deleted adds more weight to the significance of what was said. It appears to be a straight confirmation of the existence of the game for the PlayStation 3.

You may remember Microsoft reportedly paid $50 million dollars to secure the exclusivity of two GTA IV episodes. It could have been a timed deal, or maybe sales were not a high as expected and there is a special get out clause in the contract. After all, no sales figures have yet been released for the episode.

Although we don’t report rumours here at PS3 Attitude, we are happy to present you with the evidence so you can make your own minds up.

It will be interesting to see what happens next, but for now feel free to express your own thoughts in the comments.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Source: http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/08/gc09-gta-iv-lost-ps3/

Message on the forum has since been deleted, so let's wait and see... this is in no way confirmation so hold the press, but I do remember I got my ass handed to me on a plate for posting all those rumours in the past (one was from OPM I think) :p

Probably BS though, I dunno why there wouldn't be a press release but it's somehow playable on show floor?

Edited by Audioboxer

Ahh rumors. :D I miss the old rumors page on EGM (when it used to be printed), so this takes me back. A rumor in one of the issues had said that this was going to be coming to the PS3 soon and his rumors always turn to be right/true. :p

Forum post is back up - http://community.eu.playstation.com/playst...p;thread.id=589

And they were certainly showing some PS3 love - Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned was available to play in a special 18+ area, we didn't manage to get our hands on it due to the MASSIVE queue - but those inside looked pretty darned excited.

Lost and Damned stickers

02.jpg

edit: That pic above, anyone any idea what it says here? It's not Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony

24lvvqd.jpg

3rd DLC pack?

edit2: Okay it's "Episodes from Liberty City"

504x_photo_09.jpg

Edited by Audioboxer

Hopefully it's coming at some point. It would be a massive kick in the teeth to PS3 users if it didn't eventually. Besides, the game does get stale pretty quickly it needs something to get people interested again.

I thought it was completely exclusive to XBOX360 since Microsoft paid for the DLC.

Got it played it NEXT!!!!!!
^^^^

OOoookayy....

That is what PS3 fans would say if MGS4 came to XBOX360 and i'm pretty sure you would be one of the first to claim this, so I really don't see the point in that comment.

Edited by PiracyX

I thought it was completely exclusive to XBOX360 since Microsoft paid for the DLC.

It was rumored a while back that it was a timed exclusive, but nothing's confirmed at all on this. Unless there's some NDA afoot here, I'm sure a lot more sites would be all over this.

That is what PS3 fans would say if MGS4 came to XBOX360 and i'm pretty sure you would be one of the first to claim this, so I really don't see the point in that comment.

Yes, you know me so well :sleep:

Lost And Damned? No, It’s Not Coming

Yesterday we excitedly ran with a rumour that Lost and Damned was heading to the PS3 based off the simple fact that screens showing The Lost and Damned were running in a fenced off section of Gamescom with lots of PS3 nearby. Of course, when you’ve got PS3 Community Moderator Yaster saying things like “they were certainly showing some PS3 love – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned was available to play in a special 18+ area” on the EU forums (which was swiftly removed) things click into place faster than we can hit that “publish” button.

You can see where we’d get the idea from, right? The cold, hard reality is that Lost and Damned isn’t coming to the PS3. The images on the screens were simply advertising the disk-based expansions for the Xbox 360 version and just happened to be on a reel next to the PS3 demo units. Rest assured that if Rockstar were to ever announce downloadable chapters for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV they’d make a much bigger deal of it than just shoving it into a cage at Gamescom were people can blab about it on forums. At least, that’s what we’d do..

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/21/los...its-not-coming/

I honestly can't see MS paying 50 mil for just a timed exclusive. I may be wrong, but I would be very surprised to ever see this come to PS3.

All depends on sales, if Rockstar aren't happy - it will come to PS3, just not this year - lol

This exclusive 50mil deal everyone keeps talking about is only because MS and XBOX missed out on GTA3 (and above) - because they originally thought Grand Theft Auto wasn't marketable - lol - when GTA4 rolled around they wanted to secure a big slice of the pie... But like I said it's all about sales and Lost and Damned wasn't that successful as DLC-exclusive or else they wouldn't be releasing it on traditional physical media (i.e. DVD). Now that the DLC isn't DLC - does Microsoft's contract still hold true - watch the next 9 or so months - haha ;)

Edited by pjak

I honestly can't see MS paying 50 mil for just a timed exclusive. I may be wrong, but I would be very surprised to ever see this come to PS3.

A 50 mil loan that you'll get back and you know will move some consoles? Why not?

@ pjak: MS didn't have the chance to think GTA wasn't marketable... more like Rockstar didn't think the XBox was marketable. GTA3 came out on PS2 a month before XBox even launched.

Actually lost and damned was very successful oh and shivering isles and fallout 3 dlc also is available on disk so as for saying it wasn't popular coz it's out on disk thts bs lol

All depends on sales, if Rockstar aren't happy - it will come to PS3, just not this year - lol

This exclusive 50mil deal everyone keeps talking about is only because MS and XBOX missed out on GTA3 (and above) - because they originally thought Grand Theft Auto wasn't marketable - lol - when GTA4 rolled around they wanted to secure a big slice of the pie... But like I said it's all about sales and Lost and Damned wasn't that successful as DLC-exclusive or else they wouldn't be releasing it on traditional physical media (i.e. DVD). Now that the DLC isn't DLC - does Microsoft's contract still hold true - watch the next 9 or so months - haha ;)

lolwut

so many inaccuracies is such a small amount of text (N)

Actually lost and damned was very successful oh and shivering isles and fallout 3 dlc also is available on disk so as for saying it wasn't popular coz it's out on disk thts bs lol

It's out on disc for those w/o interwebs.

@ pjak: MS didn't have the chance to think GTA wasn't marketable... more like Rockstar didn't think the XBox was marketable. GTA3 came out on PS2 a month before XBox even launched.

It's not like they were given a preview or nothing - lol - it's been clearly documented before that Microsoft turned down Rockstar not the other way around - haha.

@Stu89: If less than say 15% of GTA4 owners buy L&D then to a company like Rockstar that's unsucessful. L&D is rumored to have sold 323,000 whilst 7.18m bought GTA4 - you do the mathematics - lmao

Successful as far as expansions go =D I doubt it'll sell as much on ps3. There's the pack of both expansions coming that should help shift a few

Rumors aren't always true like this thread is based on rumor.