nice bug in windows photo viewer Windows 7 RTM

when you open a photo with "windows photo viewer" and then maximized the window...

nicebug.jpg

catalyst 9.8

Not here.....

Why is it when someone screws up their Windows 7 system and it starts acting buggy they jump into the nearest forum and blast Windows 7 as 'BUGGY'......

Not here.....

Why is it when someone screws up their Windows 7 system and it starts acting buggy they jump into the nearest forum and blast Windows 7 as 'BUGGY'......

Get down off your high horse.

Just because you have not had the issue, doesn't mean it's not real!

I have had this issue too. But it disappeared after a graphics driver update.

Get down off your high horse.

Just because you have not had the issue, doesn't mean it's not real!

I have had this issue too. But it disappeared after a graphics driver update.

So... This is a driver bug and not a Windows 7 bug. Win7 may not be perfect, but place blame where it should be.

@NightProwler: Keep riding that high horse!

Unable to duplicate using 8800GT on desktop and 4500MHD on laptop. x64 Ultimate on both. This has me intrigued as I manage almost 50 Windows PC's and 10 Macs. We're slated to rollout win7 in November.

I wonder if it may be a resolution issue since there doesn't seem to be any connection tied with brand or drivers... I tested this with my systems that are running Windows 7, here are the results:

One of my desktops using Windows 7

evga Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 SC @ 1920x1200 = Effected :(

HP elitebook #1 Windows 7

Quadro FX1800 @ 1680x1050 = No issues :)

HP elitebook #2 Windows 7

Quadro FX1800 @ 1920x1200 = Effected :(

The two 1920x1200 are effected whereas the other one isn't. I would test further but my other systems are running Vista.

Can anyone else confirm with resolution results?

edit: using 190.62 nvidia drivers. Also just a note; the issue did NOT turn up right away with the elitebook #2 - it took a few tries to recreate it.

I wonder if it may be a resolution issue since there doesn't seem to be any connection tied with brand or drivers... I tested this with my systems that are running Windows 7, here are the results:

Not the case here...

I USE to have this issue (use to as in a few weeks ago when I first reinstalled W7) but as of this moment on my 4890 Toxic running 9.8 Catalyst drivers @ 1920x1200 I do not have this issue.

I use to have this issue in the RC with a HD4870x2 at 3840*1200

I think I fixed it by upgrading to the Windows Live Photo Viewer or something.

I have the same issue but it only happens when I move the picture to my second monitor and then back to my main monitor. My main monitor is 1920x1080 and the second is 1680x1050.

I also have an issue where the color border outside the picture when it is maximized is not white its more a beige. When I move it to the second monitor it goes back to white.

So far this is the only 'annoyance' I have had with Windows 7.

Ok, it wasn't doing it last night, but its doing it today......definitely some weird issue. I have noticed it happens on mostly 1920x1200 and it seems to happen on both nVidia and ATI cards so I doubt its a driver specific issue.

It also appears to be slightly random, for me at least, didn't happen last night but its happening today.

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers (either from WU or from nvidia.com).

I used to have the same problem but it seems to be fixed with latest Nvidia driver, 190.62.